Kent State Golden Flashes

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

SIU Game
nashvillegoldenflash Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Let me be the first one to express my thoughts on the game. Because this was my first opportunity to see Kent play this year, I realize I am not in any position to evaluate the players and should not come to any conclusions about the team based on this game. However, it seems clear to me that until the players learn to shoot, they will not win many games against worthy opponents. Frankly, I haven't seen a team shoot that bad in a long time. When guards can't even make their free throws, you know you have problems.

The effort was there but the players are really not very good. It doesn't matter if you have Christian or anyone else coaching, the players have got to make their shots in order to win.

Because none of the players seem to have good form in their shooting, I don't think their shooting touch will get much better any time soon.

Now that I have finally seen them play, I will no longer have any delusions about them winning the MAC Tournament this year. Coach Christian and the Flashes still have alot of work to do.

Others will want to over analyze this team, but to me it is quite simple.
You cannot win unless you can put the ball throught the hoop.
02-19-2005 09:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BlueFlash Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

You are right Nashville. 2-18 from 3 pt. land. There's my analysis.

This game reminded me of the BG game last week. We played a horrible 1st half, and then spent all of our energy coming back, and we had nothing left. SIU is a good team. That kid Tatum is a freaking stud. Brooks was also good. Nice to see Edwin really have a big game with his 5 points :rolleyes:.

Also, what has happend to Gates? Did those little aliens from the movie Space Jam take his ability to shoot? 04-drinky 04-drinky 04-drinky

Anyway, kudos to SIU, they were the better team.
02-19-2005 09:32 PM
Advertisement

Kflasher Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: March 2get here

I think we have several good players on this team and a few who have the potential to be great. Having said that, these guys are not coming together as a team. Throughout the season so far and on Saturday on several occasions I see guys getting out of the flow of the "team". For example, how many times have we seen a fast break opportunity squandered due to not making the extra pass to the trailer and turning the ball over. 03-banghead

Nashville is right, our shooting blows at times. I can credit SIU's "D" on some shots but we had plenty of open looks and they were not even close. Will something change in the next two weeks to propel some kind of late run in these guys ? We certainly have the potential to beat any team in this conference at any time, right ? It's becoming increasingly more difficult to believe every time I watch this team. Someone said in an earlier post about our lack of consistency. They hit the nail on the head. I see two different teams from one half to another and it drives me crazy.

As for Saturday's game, we got beat by most likely the best team we will play all season and that includes BC and Marquette. I can see SIU going to the Sweet 16 or better this year, they have all the weapons. BTW, it's a shame that all of our home games are not as well attended and loud as Saturdays. The MACC simply rocked during that comeback. I know the ESPN factor was working in the student section. The students are normally quiet for most of the games. Saturday was the best college b-ball atmosphere I have ever been a part of. The SIU contingent had to be impressed.

Four games left to decide our seed. I believe we will go 2-2 in this stretch (even though we should go 3-1). Hopefully there is some energy left from Saturday for the Akron game this week. I refuse to give up. Beat Central Wednesday and Destroy the Zips on Saturday.
02-21-2005 10:21 AM
NIUK3 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

I agree. Southern Illinois is at least a Sweet 16 team. They showed what it takes to win. Up by 12 at the half, and then all heck broke lose. Next thing you know, down by 5. Did they fold? No. They just took care of business. Now that's a formula for a winning team. I hope someday that we can be like that. I think they will go deep in the tournament. I hear they have some really awesome recruits coming in next year. I read once where Gene Keady (Purdue coach), told Bruce Weber (who was interviewing for the SIU position), "Don't ever go to a program that doesn't have a tradition of success. You will always fail. SIU has that tradition." Weber went.
02-21-2005 02:22 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.