Kent State Golden Flashes

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Shhhhh.....
FlashFan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Kent State

They're sleeping. :snore:

Warz named pre season All MAC, which is great. Congratulations to Kevin 04-bow ( and Mr. & Mrs. Warz 04-bow 04-bow).
The thing is, the folks around KSU love Kevin, but all the buzz over the summer has been around the resurgence of Haynes and Gerwig, both reported to be better than ever. Youngblood may be a nice surprise as well as least one recruit, McGee. Then, we have to see if Knight can live up to his hype and Gates II can get consistent.

We just may be far deeper with more talent than anyone expects. The bonus is with JC's "Buy/Bye" program (Buy In or Bye Bye), this is the most cohesive group we've had since Edwards, Haut, Jakeaway, Bedford and Co. left.

Don't tell anyone. Let the Flashes wake 'em up.

<a href='http://www.kentstatesports.com/index.php?s=&url_channel_id=16&url_article_id=2651&url_subchannel_id=&change_well_id=2' target='_blank'>http://www.kentstatesports.com/index.php?s...hange_well_id=2</a>
10-13-2005 09:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

nashvillegoldenflash Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Does that mean that Gerwig has spent more time in the weight room and has gotten stronger over the summer? As a freshmen, Nate looked like he was going to become a dominating force in the paint. But because of his knee injuries, Gerwig never fully developed as a player. It would be great if he could have an outstanding year this season.

I also thought that Kevin could spend more time in the weight room to strenthen his upper body. Kevin has excellent range for his height but plays much too soft around the basket.

Demetric Shaw and Trevor Huffman were in excellent shape and their physical stamina helped them play to their full potential. Demetric was able to demonstrate his physical prowess on defense and Trevor used his physical endurance to dominate on offense.

Typically teams that play strong defense are the ones that are in the best physical condition. Also a strong bench helps a team to play 40 minutes of defense. It would be nice to see this year’s team play “Kent State basketball
10-14-2005 07:09 AM
KSUDan Offline
Special Teams

[quote="nashvillegoldenflash"] Does that mean that Gerwig has spent more time in the weight room and has gotten stronger over the summer? As a freshmen, Nate looked like he was going to become a dominating force in the paint. But because of his knee injuries, Gerwig never fully developed as a player. It would be great if he could have an outstanding year this season.

I also thought that Kevin could spend more time in the weight room to strenthen his upper body. Kevin has excellent range for his height but plays much too soft around the basket.

Demetric Shaw and Trevor Huffman were in excellent shape and their physical stamina helped them play to their full potential. Demetric was able to demonstrate his physical prowess on defense and Trevor used his physical endurance to dominate on offense.

Typically teams that play strong defense are the ones that are in the best physical condition. Also a strong bench helps a team to play 40 minutes of defense. It would be nice to see this year’s team play “Kent State basketball
10-14-2005 08:07 AM
Advertisement

FlashFan Offline
Heisman

Quote:Does that mean that Gerwig has spent more time in the weight room and has gotten stronger over the summer?

Yes. Apparently, the improvement in strength is obvious.
10-16-2005 06:41 PM
Kentville Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

I hope that's true about Gerwig. I was at the Cleveland State game when Gerwig suffered the separated shoulder that would nag him the entire season. Before the injury, he was absolutely unstoppable.
10-21-2005 11:23 PM
Kent 76 Offline
All American

I Root For:

He appeared to be on his way to an NCAA record for most consecutive field goals made, a record held by a former KSU player named Grayson!
10-22-2005 08:36 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.