Kent State Golden Flashes

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Russell Westbrook
Kentville Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Russell Westbrook, a 6-2 guard from California, made an official visit to Kent this past weekend. He's also visited Creighton.

From Scout Hoops:

We asked Westbrook for his impressions of the two visits and he replied, “Kent State was nice. The players are nice and the staff is cool. The area there was nice. Cold, but nice. And Creighton was good – they have nice facilities.
10-25-2005 04:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Kent 76 Offline
All American

I Root For:

Thanks Kentville! You really know your stuff about Kent basketball. You're like a mandarin of Kent basketball news!!!
10-25-2005 04:49 PM
FlashFan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Kent State

Interested and offered are two different choices on the recruiting spectrum. That said, if UCLA offers, he's going there.

Ever been to Omaha? Must be one of the few spots on earth colder than Kent in the winter. Other than the weather, it's a surprisingly nice town, while the City of Kent is a dump.

Weather advantage= Kent Community advantage=Omaha
10-25-2005 07:43 PM
KSUDan Offline
Special Teams

I see the having nice facilities as giving Creighton the leg up. Then I see UCLA could be a factor, and we might as well move on.. We already saw this with Virginia recently......
10-26-2005 12:33 AM
Advertisement

Kflasher Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: March 2get here

It sure is encouraging to see that Kent is getting visits by some top recruits. I don't think this kind of thing would have happened on a regular basis six or seven years ago. This has continued even after most of the "gleam"( Shottenheimer, 86) from 2002 has worn away. There is no doubt these potential recruits love the family atmosphere that is Kent St. hoops and they know that the MAC is a superb conference. JC and company seem to be working as hard as ever to keep this program at the level we all expect. Keep it rollin' boys. 04-rock
10-26-2005 09:10 AM
KStud Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Wasn't it just a few months ago that people said Christian could not get the big recruits to even consider KSU? Instead he always settles for marginal players. 03-lol
10-26-2005 07:52 PM
Kentville Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Jamil Tucker wouldn't have given Kent the time of day if his girlfriend didn't go there. As for Westbrook, he's just a standard two-star-rating mid-major prospect at present. That's why UCLA is waiting to see if he develops into something more before they offer.
10-26-2005 11:49 PM
GFlash68 Offline
All American

Crappies

Kstud,
Please give examples of players recruited by JC that you would consider top MAC players who we could say that we can win a championship with. JC's best players have been inherited players. I like JC and am really pulling for him, but I do resent his recruiting snafus.l The Crenshaw class was a complete bust and from what I saw, it was predictable.
10-27-2005 10:30 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.