Kent State Golden Flashes

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

BC game
ilovegymnast Offline
All American

I Root For: Kent State
BC game
Well last weeks preformance on their end seems like it could be a close game. They played Weber St winning 38-20 with the real score being 31-10 at halftime so the finaly score is alittle off.

Their offense seemed lackluster with the Qb going 10-20 185 yds 2 tds 2 ints. Hopefully our experienced secondary can do more damage against them. The big stats are 411 total offense with 188 rushing yards. They averaged 7.3 yards a play. No sacks given up so heres to our guys testing that oline out !!

Only bad thing about this game is its on a bad weekend for us. Playing at the sametime as OSU-Miami and FSU-Okla. We finally get a goodtime on ESPN and its during 2 of the 3 big matchups that day. A win against BC will be shadowed by those games and the potential upsets of Tenn-Oregon, USF-UF. This could be the big weekend of upsets that seem to happen once a year now a days.

Anyone making the trip. This is a game I wanted to go to but by the time I got stateside it was to short notice to make it up there. But it might be for the best with how chilly its getting still not ready for the weather.
09-09-2010 10:23 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

goflashes04 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: KSU
RE: BC game
Our friends out in Vegas have the flashes as a 17.5 point underdog for this game, anybody have any thoughts on this?
09-09-2010 01:06 PM
MAC tOAMU Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Northeast Ohio
From what I've read, their fans seem a little uneasy with the starting QB after Game 1.

The only thing i can decipher defensively is that an experienced Weber St. QB was able to put up some pretty good numbers against the BC D last week.

-17.5 looks pretty high to me, but the key will be the running game and time of possession. If the Flashes can run the ball and avoid giving up the big play on D, I think they can play with BC.

Oh, and keep in mind, many folks nationally think more more of Temple than BC, from a rankings standpoint. Question is, would Kent State be a +17.5 dog @ Temple?
(This post was last modified: 09-09-2010 02:52 PM by MAC tOAMU.)
09-09-2010 02:51 PM
FlashFan Offline
Heisman

Three things have to happen in order for us to win:

1. We have to play an error free game.
2. BC has to play an error filled game.
3. We need to capitalize big on at least a few of their miscues.

Given I doubt all three will happen, don't think we're coming home with the W. But sure would like it if we did. We're due for some of the weird stuff in games going our way.
09-09-2010 02:54 PM
anti-zip Offline
All American

I Root For: kent state!
Does anyone know about Monte Simmons' status for the game? I havn't heard anything all week about him but he appeared to role his ankle or something during the Murray St. game. At least he hopped to the sideline after being down for a bit. I guess not hearing much must be good news but he is someone we need chasing their Qb around on Saturday.
09-09-2010 09:05 PM
thanksjim Offline
All American

David Carducci reported he is out for about a month and will likely be back in time for the Akron game. Sure it sucks that he is out, but injuries are no longer an excuse for this team!

http://www.recordpub.com/news/sports_art...414?page=0
09-09-2010 10:04 PM
Advertisement

anti-zip Offline
All American

Thanks for the update thanksjim. That's real shame since he has a chance at the all-time sack record. If he misses just the 3 games he would still have a chance at it but it would be much tougher. Not to mention it would be great to have our best pass rusher this weekend since BC's Qb situation sounds a bit shakey.
09-10-2010 08:14 AM
thanksjim Offline
All American

Hope some of you guys have a chance to make it to the Water Street Tavern for the watch party today.
09-11-2010 10:25 AM
ilovegymnast Offline
All American

If I didnt have a recliner sitting dead center of a 73 in tv with surround sound that can you pee yourself I would come down there. If only I could recreate the atmosphere thats down there I would be a happy man. Everyone is welcome to come over unless your an Akron fan then you have to sit outside and watch through the window.
09-11-2010 10:45 AM
Reno79 Offline
Special Teams

So I went to the gym this morning turned on my IPOD to song shuffle and the first song was "Cortez the Killer" by Neil Young. Based on that I am calling a KSU upset over BC 30-37 on a late field goal. Look for a big game from Keith and the Receivers. Flashes serve notice on the football world. Go Flashes!
09-11-2010 01:49 PM
Polish Hammer Offline
King of all Dukes

I Root For: Kent State/James Madison
Eugene Jarvis was announced as out with a leg injury.
09-11-2010 02:40 PM
Advertisement

dannyb73 Offline
MAC CHAMPS

I Root For: Mem & Kent St
Archer can't field an 'Effing punt !
09-11-2010 04:49 PM
axeme Offline
Sage

I Root For: hoops

Folding@NCAAbbsDonatorsCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
Two fumbled punts make me insane. Been there too many times.
09-11-2010 04:54 PM
Polish Hammer Offline
King of all Dukes

I Root For: Kent State/James Madison
Put 11 on the line and rush the punter, conceeding the roll on the punt (if they get it off); gotta make something happen and a blocked punt is just the ticket.
09-11-2010 05:07 PM
The Flash Offline
All American

Played close. Let this one get away with turnovers. INTs and fumbled punts. Kent State football....03-banghead
09-11-2010 07:29 PM
AlphaFlash Offline
All American

I Root For: Kent St. & UNC
(09-11-2010 07:29 PM)The Flash Wrote:  Played close. Let this one get away with turnovers. INTs and fumbled punts. Kent State football....03-banghead

Well, that looked like every other KSU football game I ever saw... I didn't catch them mention Jarvis' injury. Did anyone hear how long he is out? Jarvis or not, we need some offense. Enough with the crap, play some half-decent football for once!

On a lighter note, it is nights like these I enjoy going to zipsnation. 01-rivals
09-11-2010 07:49 PM
Advertisement

anti-zip Offline
All American

I thought the offense and the fumbled punts covered up how well the defense played today. Considering how many unforced errors we had the final score could have been much worse. Still that was very frustrating because that was a winable game.
09-11-2010 07:55 PM
Reno79 Offline
Special Teams

(09-11-2010 01:49 PM)Reno79 Wrote:  So I went to the gym this morning turned on my IPOD to song shuffle and the first song was "Cortez the Killer" by Neil Young. Based on that I am calling a KSU upset over BC 30-37 on a late field goal. Look for a big game from Keith and the Receivers. Flashes serve notice on the football world. Go Flashes!

Well if could have happened 03-weeping On to next week....
09-11-2010 08:44 PM
axeme Offline
Sage

I Root For: hoops

Folding@NCAAbbsDonatorsCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
A lot of positives today. Our defense is serious, for example. Very impressive, especially without Monte Simmons.

Our OL and punt returns? Very suspect.
09-11-2010 09:13 PM
FlashFan Offline
Heisman

Went to the ND-Michigan game today at the same time as the Flashes. Haven't had the chance to watch the KSU-BC recording. Think I get the picture, but would be interested in any of your 3+/3- from today's game.

Anyone else hurt other than Jarvis? ( Know about Simmons).

BTW, Michigan's punter had a terrible day. Kicked it into the crowd (twice!) when he wasn't shanking it short. Maybe it's a tougher skill to recruit than we think.
09-11-2010 10:57 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.