Kent State Golden Flashes

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Welcome back, brother!
axeme Offline
Sage

I Root For: hoops

Folding@NCAAbbsDonatorsCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
Welcome back, brother!
Just what the doctor ordered: Andre Flowers.

Enough said.

04-bow
10-30-2010 06:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Kent 76 Offline
All American

I Root For:
RE: Welcome back, brother!
You may have noticed, Axeme, that I'd been asking about him for weeks.
10-30-2010 08:38 PM
axeme Offline
Sage

I Root For: hoops

Folding@NCAAbbsDonatorsCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
Indeed I have. It's been one of the great mysteries of the season for a team that needs a bruising power back. He showed a lot today.
10-30-2010 08:44 PM
BrashFlash Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Kent State
Good game. Glad to see the other team make huge penalties. Cribbs is Class. Disappointed in the attendance.
10-30-2010 09:01 PM
ilovegymnast Online
All American

Yeah I didnt believe the announced total of over 15k. It couldnt have been more then 8k. The north end was very bare and both ends of the home side were empty. I was in the student section so I dont know how that side looked. I wish they would have done the retirement at homecoming. I also wish they would put up huge replicas of the retired jerseys on the south end by the school banners.
10-30-2010 09:25 PM
Advertisement

AlphaFlash Offline
All American

I Root For: Kent St. & UNC
I was shocked at how hard we stompred B-St. The Halloween game never draws good attendance. Hopefully we can make up for it elsewhere.
10-30-2010 09:28 PM
Flash FreaK 81 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: KSU
Andre Flowers clearly looks to be the best running back this team has. Saturday's 2nd half was not just power but Andre hit the hole with explosiveness and had a fair amount of wiggle to him as well. Martin's been saying that the backs need to "get more yards than the play is blocked for." Breaking tackles gets is one way to do that and Flowers does that. He's a tough / physical runner. Really makes me wonder what's took place over the past 2-3 seasons for Andres get so little PT? Going forward, Flowers may be just what the offense needs to become well balanced.
10-31-2010 07:03 AM
Kent 76 Offline
All American

I Root For:
Wel, he did have a groin problem earlier in the year, so that explains a little of it for this year. I'd also forgotten that he was going to transfer but changed his mind. They will need him for the upcoming games, that's for sure.
10-31-2010 08:06 AM
flashesfan21 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Kent State Univ
You have to wonder if the coaching staff kind of "has it in" for Flowers since he decided to transfer earlier. I would agree with previous posts' that, right now, he is a good fit for our offense because he is a bigger back, and can wear down a defense. Quite frankly, we are going to need that next Saturday with Temple coming to town. I have no problem with Terry as a starter, but Andre Flowers would be my first choice off the bench for a change of pace. In my opinion, this game with Temple is our biggest game of the year. We have to get this win to establish ourselves as a credible contender for the MAC East crown. As always, I will be there rooting them on!04-cheers
10-31-2010 12:22 PM
Advertisement

GFlash68 Offline
All American

Crappies
And I would be putting both backs in the backfield at the same time. Several times yesterday, we ran the two back set with a lead blocker and it was good for about 7 yards each time. I have been calling for this all year. Why could we not run that formation when we have first down on the BSU 13. No, we have to try to throw to the end zone from the 13, 3 downs, and then miss a field goal. This is one of the things I can not accept with Martin's offense. It is a total lack of PATIENCE.
10-31-2010 12:43 PM
Sultan of Euphonistan Offline
All American

I Root For: Baritones
The option did seem to work well overall.
(This post was last modified: 10-31-2010 03:08 PM by Sultan of Euphonistan.)
10-31-2010 03:08 PM
KStud Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(10-31-2010 12:43 PM)GFlash68 Wrote:  And I would be putting both backs in the backfield at the same time. Several times yesterday, we ran the two back set with a lead blocker and it was good for about 7 yards each time. I have been calling for this all year. Why could we not run that formation when we have first down on the BSU 13. No, we have to try to throw to the end zone from the 13, 3 downs, and then miss a field goal. This is one of the things I can not accept with Martin's offense. It is a total lack of PATIENCE.

The play selection bothered me, too. The offense was mixing the run and pass well, and they still had a timeout. Seemed like a run would have been in order on either first or second down. That was a chance to put a team in a huge hole. It did not hurt Saturday, but it could hurt in the upcoming games.
10-31-2010 04:07 PM
GFlash68 Offline
All American

Crappies
I am concerned about the games in which it hurt in the past. We should be in much, much better position in this part of the season. This team should be no worst than 6-2. I would love to see a coach with this talent. No one in the MAC, to this point, should have beaten us. And, we should beat Temple.
10-31-2010 06:11 PM
Advertisement

The Flash Offline
All American

(10-31-2010 12:43 PM)GFlash68 Wrote:  And I would be putting both backs in the backfield at the same time. Several times yesterday, we ran the two back set with a lead blocker and it was good for about 7 yards each time. I have been calling for this all year. Why could we not run that formation when we have first down on the BSU 13. No, we have to try to throw to the end zone from the 13, 3 downs, and then miss a field goal. This is one of the things I can not accept with Martin's offense. It is a total lack of PATIENCE.

Agreed. I saw the same thing. Why they became enamored with the pass in the red zone, I have no idea. They had time and time outs. A TD probably finishes BSU off at that point.
11-01-2010 10:21 AM
Sultan of Euphonistan Offline
All American

I Root For: Baritones
Oh you know we love the drama.
11-01-2010 04:37 PM
Kent 76 Offline
All American

I Root For:
For what it's worth, I also was puzzled by that series of downs. It reminded me of a well-known local HS coach from several decades ago who always bewildered the fans by doing the same thing. Granted, the field is "shortened" down there which makes rushing the ball more difficult, but it also makes passing more difficult, too!
11-02-2010 06:40 AM
GFlash68 Offline
All American

Crappies
That is the part of the field where real football is played. You force the offensive line to show their manhood, and good players love that situation. It is where the personality of the coach is expressed.
11-02-2010 09:41 AM
Advertisement

sigmaflash Offline
Water Engineer

Kent State is second in the MAC in redzone scoring percentage. What does that say about his personality?

http://www.cfbstats.com/2010/leader/875/...ort01.html
11-02-2010 10:54 AM
Kent 76 Offline
All American

I Root For:
Those stats are impressive, indeed. But on that one particular occasion in the last game, I still don't think the situation was handled properly.
11-02-2010 11:00 AM
naeskent77 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: kent state
I don't know of any of you saw the news article but Flowers will be starting on Saturday.
11-04-2010 11:00 PM

User(s) browsing this thread:

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.