Guyton arrested
12-19-2010 11:56 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

The Flash Offline
All American

I Root For: Kent State
RE: Carlton Guyton
Disappointing that the young man put himself in this position. Once the facts are clear, punishment by the school should be swift and clear.
12-19-2010 12:34 PM
flashesfan21 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Kent State Univ
Look what they put up with from Singletary the past four years. Guyton will not be dismissed from the team. Sounds like he made a really ill advised decision, but I would bet he does not get dismissed.05-nono
12-19-2010 02:59 PM
burden Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
If the sexual assault charges get filed he is gone. He might survive the stolen car charge.
12-19-2010 06:25 PM
FlashFan Offline
Heisman

See this differently; there is a new sheriff in town.
12-19-2010 06:29 PM
bopol Offline
All American

I Root For:
Waiting to see all the facts come out - this story is weird and I hope that Geno and JN handle it correctly.
12-19-2010 06:49 PM
Advertisement

axeme Offline
Sage

I Root For: hoops

Folding@NCAAbbsDonatorsCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
I'm officially depressed.
12-19-2010 07:19 PM
FlashFan Offline
Heisman

(12-19-2010 07:19 PM)axeme Wrote:  I'm officially depressed.

Me, too
12-19-2010 07:21 PM
naeskent77 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: kent state
These accusations seem kinda odd. It's like those made up wikileaks rape charges, you invite the man over your house alone after a date, and once your passed out drunk he rapes you? How would you even know it happened?
12-19-2010 07:58 PM
dannyb73 Offline
MAC CHAMPS

I Root For: Mem & Kent St
(12-19-2010 07:58 PM)naeskent77 Wrote:  These accusations seem kinda odd. It's like those made up wikileaks rape charges, you invite the man over your house alone after a date, and once your passed out drunk he rapes you? How would you even know it happened?

You're an idiot. Plenty of women know they have been raped even when they pass out. However, her story is BS. Due process folks.
12-19-2010 09:19 PM
jbails0881 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
I agree, this seems odd and doesn't make a lot of sense. Say you're a college basketball player, it's not like you can hide from anyone - to find you we'll just look at the schedule. Point being, I doubt the intent was to "steal" a car. My guess is he needed to make it home, as it was stated, and she was passed out. How was he going to get home otherwise, he probably planned to return the car the next day.

As for the sexual assault charges...there absolutely is a gray area here. He said it was consensual, she says otherwise. It's hard to say unless she has signs of restraint. While by no means am I saying all women make this stuff up, there have been well documented cases of women who have made what they view is a mistake and for some reason decide to blame the man. Duke University Lacrosse comes to mind.

I'll stand behind Guyton until proven otherwise. This country is supposed to be innocent until proven guilty, until a rape charge is levied. Then, the accusing party is protected while the accused get drilled in the media. Even after being proven innocent, the damage to the reputation is done. While I do see the reasoning behind protecting the accusing party, it's very frustrating - ask Carlton - as his name is all over the Record Courier website, but not a mention of the woman's name.
12-19-2010 09:32 PM
Advertisement

Flash FreaK 81 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: KSU
(12-19-2010 09:32 PM)jbails0881 Wrote:  I agree, this seems odd and doesn't make a lot of sense. Say you're a college basketball player, it's not like you can hide from anyone - to find you we'll just look at the schedule. Point being, I doubt the intent was to "steal" a car. My guess is he needed to make it home, as it was stated, and she was passed out. How was he going to get home otherwise, he probably planned to return the car the next day.

As for the sexual assault charges...there absolutely is a gray area here. He said it was consensual, she says otherwise. It's hard to say unless she has signs of restraint. While by no means am I saying all women make this stuff up, there have been well documented cases of women who have made what they view is a mistake and for some reason decide to blame the man. Duke University Lacrosse comes to mind.

I'll stand behind Guyton until proven otherwise. This country is supposed to be innocent until proven guilty, until a rape charge is levied. Then, the accusing party is protected while the accused get drilled in the media. Even after being proven innocent, the damage to the reputation is done. While I do see the reasoning behind protecting the accusing party, it's very frustrating - ask Carlton - as his name is all over the Record Courier website, but not a mention of the woman's name.

Well written...we just don't know
12-19-2010 10:13 PM
Flash FreaK 81 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: KSU
(12-19-2010 09:19 PM)dannyb73 Wrote:  
(12-19-2010 07:58 PM)naeskent77 Wrote:  These accusations seem kinda odd. It's like those made up wikileaks rape charges, you invite the man over your house alone after a date, and once your passed out drunk he rapes you? How would you even know it happened?

You're an idiot. Plenty of women know they have been raped even when they pass out. However, her story is BS. Due process folks.

Why so angry? You can disagree with out cutting to the bone. None of us are genius's here. Pleaase don't run off 1 of the 8 fans we have on this board!
12-19-2010 10:17 PM
dannyb73 Offline
MAC CHAMPS

I Root For: Mem & Kent St
(12-19-2010 10:17 PM)Flash FreaK 81 Wrote:  
(12-19-2010 09:19 PM)dannyb73 Wrote:  

Why so angry? You can disagree with out cutting to the bone. None of us are genius's here. Pleaase don't run off 1 of the 8 fans we have on this board!

Rape is a fairly serious topic. Not to be made fun of or taken lightly. The tone of that post just kind of irked me. BTW - I think we have 112 fans on here!! Which is 109 more than the rivals board has!! 03-lmfao
12-19-2010 10:29 PM
bopol Offline
All American

I Root For:
Yes, rape is serious. That's why I think it is best not to speculate, let it play out and hope that the truth comes out. We went through this in the Eric Thomas case.

Please, let's all tread lightly here.
12-19-2010 10:36 PM
anti-zip Offline
All American

I Root For: kent state!
(12-19-2010 09:19 PM)dannyb73 Wrote:  Due process folks.

Agreed, let's just let the thing play out before taking one side or the other. Sure, her story sounds a bit sketchy and we, as Kent State fans, all hope the sexual assault charges are BS. Truthfully none of us were there and if it is true then it is horrible and he deserves to be dismissed, if it isn't true then it is a real shame that he has had his name run through the mud like this and he needs to be much more careful with who he trusts.

The thing I would really like to know is why did he need to get home so badly? It was exam week so it could have had something to do with an exam but who knows.
12-19-2010 10:43 PM
Advertisement

2thaker8 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Kent St. & Duke
The thing that make me the most skeptical is that they had an entire night together. They went to dinner and had drinks and then had more at her apartment. They clearly knew each other, even if just enough for them to make plans together (maybe it was a date?), but it wasn't just some random person. We certainly can't and shouldn't make any judgment on either of them without more fact but my first impression is that they went out together, she clearly had a nice enough time with him to invite him back to her place, and since he didn't have a car she was (probably) driving him around that night. She could have dropped him off at home if she wasn't enjoying her time with him.

Again, this could end up going either way. And no matter what he made poor choices (sex with a passed out or nearly passed out girl is a bad idea no matter what your story is). But my guess is that it's not as bad as the initial report makes it seem.
12-19-2010 11:24 PM
BrashFlash Offline
Special Teams

I was unaware of this situation until about 10:00 last night. I spent the day with the family and was kind of oblivious to the outside world. This is very upsetting. My question... Why didn't he call someone to come get him? He obvious felt comfortable in taking her car. This could be the silver lining. Most people try to hide after doing something wrong. He is either very stupid or feels in did nothing wrong. If he feels he did nothing wrong, than he probably did not do anything wrong as far as the assault goes.
12-20-2010 07:05 AM
FlashFan Offline
Heisman

JN wil take due process with this, get the facts, and make a decision. Until then, it’s all speculation. But I don’t expect to see CG for at least a few games in any event just based on the team rules violations in the undisputed facts.
12-20-2010 07:35 AM
burden Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Your right there. At the very least there was some underage drinking going on which is very Singletary like. That's worth at least 2-3 games.
12-20-2010 08:06 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.