Kent State Golden Flashes

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

first round game
bball4me Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Kent State
first round game
Am I right that it looks like we will play the winner of BG/Central Michigan game?
03-05-2011 03:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

luckyflash Offline
1st String

I Root For: GOLDEN FLASHES
RE: first round game
we get winner of Central and Buffalo.

we get the prime time game 7pm on Thursday
03-05-2011 04:49 PM
flashesfan21 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Kent State Univ
Looks pretty good we will get Buffalo. The road to the NCAA tournament will not be an easy one, but we can definitely do it! Can't wait to get things rocking in Cleveland!04-rock04-rock
03-05-2011 05:04 PM
Kent 76 Offline
All American

I Root For:
Looks like Buffalo, then Ohio, then Miami, assuming no upsets, of course.
03-05-2011 05:22 PM
flashgrad03 Offline
1st String

Thats crazy! What a tough road. but if this team is really the best the conference has to offer then they should beat any team in front of them
03-05-2011 05:29 PM
KStud Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(03-05-2011 05:22 PM)Kent 76 Wrote:  Looks like Buffalo, then Ohio, then Miami, assuming no upsets, of course.

Technically, Western Michigan earned the No. 2 seed by virtue of their win at Oxford rather than being given it by the bracketing. I think it could be Akron when it is all said and done.
03-05-2011 05:30 PM
Advertisement

luckyflash Offline
1st String

I Root For: GOLDEN FLASHES
(03-05-2011 05:30 PM)KStud Wrote:  
(03-05-2011 05:22 PM)Kent 76 Wrote:  Looks like Buffalo, then Ohio, then Miami, assuming no upsets, of course.

Technically, Western Michigan earned the No. 2 seed by virtue of their win at Oxford rather than being given it by the bracketing. I think it could be Akron when it is all said and done.

WMU got the 2 seed because the won the West, has nothing to do with what they did against Miami.
03-05-2011 05:31 PM
flashesfan21 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Kent State Univ
(03-05-2011 05:29 PM)flashgrad03 Wrote:  Thats crazy! What a tough road. but if this team is really the best the conference has to offer then they should beat any team in front of them

After all the crazy things that have happened this season, I will not put anything past our team in the tournament!!04-rock04-rock04-rock
03-05-2011 07:16 PM
KStud Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(03-05-2011 05:31 PM)luckyflash Wrote:  
(03-05-2011 05:30 PM)KStud Wrote:  

WMU got the 2 seed because the won the West, has nothing to do with what they did against Miami.

True, I shouldn't have put technically. Technically, WMU got the 2 seed by virtue of winning the West. They EARNED the No. 2 seed by beating Miami.
03-05-2011 07:20 PM
Kent 76 Offline
All American

I Root For:
Actually, Kent State has the easiest possible first round opponent - it's called "bye". The only way to get a patsy in your first game is to get the 5th or 6th seed.
03-05-2011 07:34 PM
axeme Offline
Sage

I Root For: hoops

Folding@NCAAbbsDonatorsCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
Eh, this conference is full of patsies. It's a small number who aren't.
03-05-2011 08:02 PM
Advertisement

AlphaFlash Offline
All American

I Root For: Kent St. & UNC
I could see any of the top 6 seeded teams winning this thing. With the way the MAC is and the up/down's of all these teams, its anyone's competition.
03-05-2011 08:04 PM
burden Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Just some comments. WMU did have the same record as Miami at 11-5 and by beating Miami they earned the number 2 seed. It was not just given because they were West champs. I know they played an easier schedule but at least they didn't sneak in with a worse record. Ball St. also did have the fourth best record by themselves at 10-6. The two teams out of the West are legitimate in my mind. It was the bottom four that were horrible.

Also since when does the #1 seed play at 9:30 in the semi-finals. I understand the #1 seed playing at 7PM instead of Noon during the quarters. Money is more important than giving them a few hours more rest. But is there really a monetary difference in 7 and 9:30 on Friday night? My guess is TV dictated that thinking if Kent played at 7PM everybody would turn off the TV for game 2. Anybody have any other explanations. I think this is the first time they did this.
(This post was last modified: 03-05-2011 08:16 PM by burden.)
03-05-2011 08:15 PM
axeme Offline
Sage

I Root For: hoops

Folding@NCAAbbsDonatorsCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
The two division winners get the #1 and #2 seeds. The 2nd place East team in this case can do no better than the #3 seed.

Last season, for example, Akron was 2nd to KSU at 12-4, but CMU got the 2nd seed because they were West champs despite a 9-7 record.
03-05-2011 08:33 PM
KStud Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(03-05-2011 08:33 PM)axeme Wrote:  The two division winners get the #1 and #2 seeds. The 2nd place East team in this case can do no better than the #3 seed.

Last season, for example, Akron was 2nd to KSU at 12-4, but CMU got the 2nd seed because they were West champs despite a 9-7 record.

We know that. For the 83rd time, I only posted it because people act like Western Michigan is a joke who was given a seed. They weren't. They would have been the No. 2 seed anyway.
03-05-2011 09:04 PM
KStud Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(03-05-2011 08:15 PM)burden Wrote:  Just some comments. WMU did have the same record as Miami at 11-5 and by beating Miami they earned the number 2 seed. It was not just given because they were West champs. I know they played an easier schedule but at least they didn't sneak in with a worse record. Ball St. also did have the fourth best record by themselves at 10-6. The two teams out of the West are legitimate in my mind. It was the bottom four that were horrible.

Also since when does the #1 seed play at 9:30 in the semi-finals. I understand the #1 seed playing at 7PM instead of Noon during the quarters. Money is more important than giving them a few hours more rest. But is there really a monetary difference in 7 and 9:30 on Friday night? My guess is TV dictated that thinking if Kent played at 7PM everybody would turn off the TV for game 2. Anybody have any other explanations. I think this is the first time they did this.

They started putting the No. 1 seed at 9:30 on Friday in 2008. I don't think they have a good reason for it. The quarters issue I think can be justified for attendance whether you agree with it or not is a different story.
03-05-2011 09:06 PM
Advertisement

AlphaFlash Offline
All American

I Root For: Kent St. & UNC
03-05-2011 09:07 PM
ksu315 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(03-05-2011 08:15 PM)burden Wrote:  Just some comments. WMU did have the same record as Miami at 11-5 and by beating Miami they earned the number 2 seed. It was not just given because they were West champs. I know they played an easier schedule but at least they didn't sneak in with a worse record. Ball St. also did have the fourth best record by themselves at 10-6. The two teams out of the West are legitimate in my mind. It was the bottom four that were horrible.

They do this horse$hit every year we are the #1 seed and the 7pm time. We should be playing at noon in qtrs and 7 in semis. maximum rest is what the #1 seed deserves. But not with this mickey mouse conference.

Hate to say it but of all the teams i saw all season UB and OU scare me the most. UB reminds me alot of OU last year. Lets hope it ends differently.
03-05-2011 10:04 PM
KStud Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(03-05-2011 10:04 PM)ksu315 Wrote:  

They do this horse$hit every year we are the #1 seed and the 7pm time. We should be playing at noon in qtrs and 7 in semis. maximum rest is what the #1 seed deserves. But not with this mickey mouse conference.

Hate to say it but of all the teams i saw all season UB and OU scare me the most. UB reminds me alot of OU last year. Lets hope it ends differently.

I am sure it is because Kent State is the No. 1 seed. They didn't do it two years ago when BG was No. 1 seed. Wait, they did.
03-05-2011 10:20 PM
fallsdog Offline
All American

Buffalo is a good team, no doubt about it. BUT they just lost to BG by double digits. And they have to beat CMU before they even see Kent State. If you get to Buffalo's bench...especially if Filzen or Mulkey get into trouble, then the Flashes are in good shape. Lets see what happens Tuesday, and if Buffalo can get by CMU on Tuesday and KENT STATE on Thursday, good for them. But I don't think they want any part of KSU right now. We shall see....
03-06-2011 01:12 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.