Kent State Golden Flashes

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Kent St. vs. Ark. St.
axeme Offline
Sage

I Root For: hoops

Folding@NCAAbbsDonatorsCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
Kent St. vs. Ark. St.
(12-29-2011 02:56 AM)chiefsfan Wrote:  We stink. Its still football season here in Jonesboro. We lack a true PG, and really dont have a true scorer. We've got a couple decent 3 point shooters and have strong inside play, but offensively we are terrible. 4 games this year of 53 points or less including a 27 point stinker at Louisville. Thankfully we still play decently strong defense.

The only bright side right now is that its a home game, where despite poor attendance we've lost once in about 2 and a half years. (This year to Missouri State)

I fully expect your turnover forcing defense to come in and give us fits, and our hopes to winning will involve winning an ugly defensive struggle. Good luck fellas...

Welcome, chiefsfan!

I moved your comment to a new thread. We really need to let the Utah St. thread die. We are all ready to get a start on the rest of the season after the disasters in Logan, Utah. And I think I can speak for just about everyone when I say we have NO idea which Kent St team you will see tonight.

Good luck!
12-29-2011 07:55 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

fallsdog Offline
All American

I Root For: Kent State
RE: Kent St. vs. Ark. St.
Agreed axeme. I think the next two games are going to be interesting. It is no secret what a win (or two!!!) can do for a team.

Kent State - 67
Arkansas St. - 58

Holt scores 15 tonight
(This post was last modified: 12-29-2011 10:30 AM by fallsdog.)
12-29-2011 10:22 AM
dannyb73 Offline
MAC CHAMPS

I Root For: Mem & Kent St
I think we have come to expect we will only see KSU basketball for the 2nd half, if at all. Either way, I expect a win. I don't make road trips for losses.
12-29-2011 11:15 AM
axeme Offline
Sage

Porrini doesn't make flight due to foot, likely out.

Per R-C: Probably see Guyton at the point, Manley at the 2.

Not good.
12-29-2011 11:55 AM
fallsdog Offline
All American

Two thoughts there:

First, why make a double move by sliding Guyton over and starting Manley? Unless Brewer really isn't on the radar, start him at point guard and go from there. I have got to figure if need be Holt can run some point.

The second thing is if Guyton is going to start at PG, why insert Dev Manley into the starting lineup. I would think Eric Gaines is a more comfortable fit. Despite his value off the bench, I would think he can play with Greene, Evans and Guyton better than young Manley. Maybe I answered my first question there but who knows.
12-29-2011 12:36 PM
GFlash68 Offline
All American

Crappies
The more Guyton dribbles, the worse he plays. More important, the more he dribbles, the more the team watches. Until Guyton learns the function of a point guard, he should not play that position. He has the skills no doubt, but a point guard should make the other players better, not make them spectators.
12-29-2011 02:04 PM
Advertisement

burden Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Our buddy Elton said that Greene is hobbled with a knee issue and Guyton is not totally healthy. Not good.
12-29-2011 03:35 PM
dannyb73 Offline
MAC CHAMPS

I Root For: Mem & Kent St
(12-29-2011 03:35 PM)burden Wrote:  Our buddy Elton said that Greene is hobbled with a knee issue and Guyton is not totally healthy. Not good.

All that said, we are favored and the line is going up. (just saying) 05-stirthepot
12-29-2011 03:53 PM
luckyflash Offline
1st String

I Root For: GOLDEN FLASHES
(12-29-2011 02:04 PM)GFlash68 Wrote:  The more Guyton dribbles, the worse he plays. More important, the more he dribbles, the more the team watches. Until Guyton learns the function of a point guard, he should not play that position. He has the skills no doubt, but a point guard should make the other players better, not make them spectators.

This goes back to my point of playing together and not trying to go one on five. until they figure that out, it will continue to be a struggle.
12-29-2011 04:01 PM
anti-zip Offline
All American

I Root For: kent state!
(12-29-2011 12:36 PM)fallsdog Wrote:  Two thoughts there:

First, why make a double move by sliding Guyton over and starting Manley? Unless Brewer really isn't on the radar, start him at point guard and go from there. I have got to figure if need be Holt can run some point.

The second thing is if Guyton is going to start at PG, why insert Dev Manley into the starting lineup. I would think Eric Gaines is a more comfortable fit. Despite his value off the bench, I would think he can play with Greene, Evans and Guyton better than young Manley. Maybe I answered my first question there but who knows.

My guess is Manley must have showed them something in practice the last few days. Remember he played 7 minutes and hit 3 3's against Utah St. Not like he went off but he was one of the few bright spots to come out of that game.
12-29-2011 06:52 PM
axeme Offline
Sage

For those of you away from your computers and stuck with phone updates, I will plug an app from a company called JJACR called College Basketball Radio. They didn't have KSU listed so I hit their 'contact us' button. Not only did they respond in like 5 min. they had WNIR up and running. Cool for me because I'm at a HS basketball tourney tonight.

Their football app works great too.
12-29-2011 07:47 PM
Advertisement

anti-zip Offline
All American

I'm not seeing a video feed anywhere. Anyone else have any luck?
12-29-2011 08:14 PM
anti-zip Offline
All American

Sendy just said in the pre game interview that Manley and Henn are starting tonight and he expects to play 9 or 10. It will be interesting to see who loses minutes tonight since those two normally don't get a lot of run.

Also, he mentioned that Porrini was cleared but they aren't sure if he will play. Hopefully we get out to a fast start because I would love for him to be able to rest that foot.
(This post was last modified: 12-29-2011 08:48 PM by anti-zip.)
12-29-2011 08:47 PM
axeme Offline
Sage

In the big scheme of things, this game doesn't mean much if it means Porrini's recover is slowed any. We need him next week for MAC play. We should win this game without him.
12-29-2011 09:03 PM
theoldflash Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: kent state
(12-29-2011 09:03 PM)axeme Wrote:  In the big scheme of things, this game doesn't mean much if it means Porrini's recover is slowed any. We need him next week for MAC play. We should win this game without him.

Video is pay for thru ASU web site
12-29-2011 09:14 PM
axeme Offline
Sage

So far so good.

Miami beat Bill & Mary. Akron loses at home to a VCU team that hadn't beaten anyone very good all season. The Colonial is really weak this year. Conf RPI is #22! Yikes. That's worse than the MAC last year. MAC is steady at #14.
12-29-2011 09:34 PM
Advertisement

anti-zip Offline
All American

Heck of a first half. That's exactly how they needed to come out of the gates after the last two games. Manley can shoot it.
12-29-2011 09:41 PM
luckyflash Offline
1st String

MANLEY FOR 333333333333!
12-29-2011 09:42 PM
axeme Offline
Sage

Easily the best first half of the season, but that's damning with faint praise because we have been awful to just mediocre in every game.
12-29-2011 09:42 PM
luckyflash Offline
1st String

got a little sloppy at the end, but overall a good win.

GO FLASHES!!!!!!!!!!!
12-29-2011 10:52 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.