Kent State Golden Flashes

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Congrats Flashes on a good win
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
Congrats Flashes on a good win
Wild, entertaining game. Impressed with Archer, he's the real deal.
09-29-2012 02:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

GoFlashes7 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Kent State
RE: Congrats Flashes on a good win
Thanks MileHighBronco. Yeah, he is real explosive.
09-29-2012 02:54 PM
thanksjim Offline
All American

I Root For: KSU
That game definetely showed shades of our baseball team...It didn't look like they would pull it off, but they just found a way to win! 04-cheers
09-29-2012 03:42 PM
Advertisement

GFlash68 Offline
All American

Crappies
This team is beginning to overcome. One of the things that I find as a big, big improvement over the previous regime, is the discipline and lack of mistakes at crucial times. I love our weapons.
09-29-2012 06:25 PM
FlashFan Offline
Heisman

(09-29-2012 06:25 PM)GFlash68 Wrote:  This team is beginning to overcome. One of the things that I find as a big, big improvement over the previous regime, is the discipline and lack of mistakes at crucial times. I love our weapons.

Thought the same thing after Ball State scores on Keith's sole interception mid fourth. Will this team show us they are different? Old KSU teams would have folded. Maybe DH's insistence that they visualize making plays and pulling it out worked today.

On the topic of weapons, glad Thunder and Lightening play for us. What a show they put on today! And Keith coming around. Matt Hurdle making tough, clutch catches. Could the curse on Dix be weakening?
09-29-2012 06:44 PM
Advertisement

joepa66 Offline
1st String

Watching your boys Bronco and wishing they could clip the Rockets!

Huge win for ALL of KSU and for the MAC. For this conference to move ahead all the teams to improve their level of competitiveness even within the conference. We certainly have appeared to have made a jump this season.....
09-29-2012 07:22 PM
axeme Offline
Sage

I Root For: hoops

Folding@NCAAbbsDonatorsCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
How about LSU 17, Towson 9, 3rd quarter?
09-29-2012 08:19 PM
Advertisement

JimJoyce Offline
1st String

I Root For: KT ST
I thought these numbers were staggering today, too:

Attendances:

@ InfoCision Stadium - Akron, OH -8211
@ Dix Stadium - Kent, OH - 21657
09-29-2012 09:21 PM
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
(09-29-2012 07:22 PM)joepa66 Wrote:  Watching your boys Bronco and wishing they could clip the Rockets!

Huge win for ALL of KSU and for the MAC. For this conference to move ahead all the teams to improve their level of competitiveness even within the conference. We certainly have appeared to have made a jump this season.....

No, our guys were busy tonight laying a giant turd, as usual. It's tradition at WMU.

Hazel has your guys heading in the right direction.
09-29-2012 09:34 PM
Advertisement

JimJoyce Offline
1st String

I Root For: KT ST
People are being way, way, WAY too hard on Cubit. Alex is arguably the best quarterback in this league so without him you at a serious disadvantage. I am surprised they scored 17.
09-29-2012 09:54 PM
Kent 76 Offline
All American

I Root For:
Despite his well-received recent appearance at the HOF luncheon in Canton, the coach still has lots of work to do if he wants to at least attempt to do what I believe is impossible - make Kent State football more visible in the greater northeast Ohio area. Despite it being a noon day game, this is the complete "coverage" by the Canton Repository, buried in the bottom, left corner of page 6 of today's sports section:

KENT STATE 45, BALL STATE 43 Kent State’s Freddy Cortez kicked the winning 25-yard field goal with 6 seconds left in the game to lift Kent State to 45-43 victory against Ball State.

Spencer Keith passed for 295 yards and three touchdowns for Kent State (3-1, 2-0 Mid-American Conference), two of them to Dri Archer, who also returned a kickoff 99 yards for a touchdown. He caught only three passes, but they totaled 104 yards.
09-30-2012 09:24 AM
ksu70 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: kent state
(09-29-2012 02:28 PM)MileHighBronco Wrote:  Wild, entertaining game. Impressed with Archer, he's the real deal.

Just got back from the game, A few thoughts= Have I mentioned Dri Archer is Fast? REAL FAST!= Durham runs hard and compliments Archer very well=I thought the playcalling was much better, we need to trust Spencer and attack the middle of the field=The offense is starting to jell and I hope we can get Goode back Soon, it will make us that much better=Luke Batton played a great game, I saw him go headon with there 220 lb back and stop him dead in his tracks numerous times=Ball State has a very good offense=QB Wenning is superb and O-LINE was very good=Give some credit to Doug Martin and his staff for the evaluation of some of these kids, many had no other offers at D1 level and are playing well=Great crowd, Kudos to the fans and students for supporting this team, they are fun to watch=get on the bandwagon while there is still room, THIS TEAM IS SPECIAL!!
09-30-2012 08:39 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.