Kent State Golden Flashes

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

EMU
AlphaFlash Offline
All American

I Root For: Kent St. & UNC
EMU
This has been the most positive I feel going into October ever. Wouldn't it be nice if we could close the month with 7 wins.
09-30-2012 08:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

dannyb73 Offline
MAC CHAMPS

I Root For: Mem & Kent St
RE: EMU
(09-30-2012 08:00 PM)AlphaFlash Wrote:  This has been the most positive I feel going into October ever. Wouldn't it be nice if we could close the month with 7 wins.

That would be an excellent month. I am only prepared to take them one at a time. If we get to full of ourselves, we are bound to poop down our leg. 01-scout
09-30-2012 08:30 PM
JimJoyce Offline
1st String

I Root For: KT ST
At 0-4, Eastern's record is misleading I think. Other than the blowout in West Lafayette, they've "been in" every game. It's also important to remember - as I'm sure the Eagles do - that Kent prevented Eastern Michigan from the post-season.

After an emotional home win in 2006 the Flashes went on the road and were heavy favorites for the first time in recent memory. They struggled in the first half but eventually pulled away with a 28-17 win. KSU must avoid any kind of post-BSU letdown and win a game the majority of pundits will expect them to. That will be the next step in the process.
10-01-2012 09:57 PM
FlashFan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Kent State
(10-01-2012 09:57 PM)JimJoyce Wrote:  At 0-4, Eastern's record is misleading I think. Other than the blowout in West Lafayette, they've "been in" every game. It's also important to remember - as I'm sure the Eagles do - that Kent prevented Eastern Michigan from the post-season.

After an emotional home win in 2006 the Flashes went on the road and were heavy favorites for the first time in recent memory. They struggled in the first half but eventually pulled away with a 28-17 win. KSU must avoid any kind of post-BSU letdown and win a game the majority of pundits will expect them to. That will be the next step in the process.

:iagree:
10-02-2012 06:40 AM
GoFlashes7 Offline
1st String

Absolutely, as this is an old fashioned "trap game". Their QB is talented and they play hard under HC Ron English.

Does Richard Gray return from injury this week? Do we get to see Tyshon Goode in a game for the 1st time in 2012?
(This post was last modified: 10-02-2012 08:16 AM by GoFlashes7.)
10-02-2012 08:16 AM
GoFlashes7 Offline
1st String

EMU is coming off of their bye week @ home, so I am sure they will have some trick plays and wrinkles built in, as they will have had 14 days to prepare for KSU.
10-02-2012 08:32 AM
Advertisement

joepa66 Offline
1st String

EMU lost 37-26 to Ball St in their opener but the score was not as close as you'd think as they scored two late 4th Qtr TDs when the game was well in hand at 37-13 and they also gave up 596 yards of offense.

EMU lost 31-14 to Illinois St as they lost 2 of 3 fumbles and Alex Gillett threw 3 INTs. They also gave up 226 yards rushing which has been their downfall so far this year and were outstatted 391-248.

EMU lost 54-16 to Purdue, not exactly an elite Big 10 team and surrendered 576 yards of total offense to the Boiler.

EMU lost 23-7 to Michigan St, in a look past game because Sparty had The Ohio State Univ on deck and EMU gave up 428 yards of offense, 280 yards on the ground and they only had 8 first downs.

Currently EMU ranks 12th in scoring offense in the MAC while KSU is 5th nearly doubling EMUs ppg total at 30.8 - 15.8; KSU's scoring Defense is ranked 6th and EMU 9th; Total Offense KSU is 10th and EMU 13th. On defense EMU outranks KSU's in pass D 2nd to 11th (191 yards per game to 289 yards), but that's because other teams have run all over EMU's 13th ranked---last---defense giving up 301 yards on the ground to KSU's 2nd ranked run defense yielding 133 yard per game.

As far as strength of schedule Kent's overall SOS is ranked 103rd to EMU's 153, and in games played EMU's schedule is 22nd while Kents is 123rd.
10-02-2012 03:03 PM
JimJoyce Offline
1st String

Make no mistake about it, EMU's defense is wretched and their offense is now relying on a signal-caller no one ever heard of. (Senior do-it-all man Alex Gillett was benched)

This game comes down to one simple question.

Can Kent State win a game everyone expects them to.
10-02-2012 03:45 PM
axeme Offline
Sage

I Root For: hoops

Folding@NCAAbbsDonatorsCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
They are tasked with the hardest thing a losing team can face: stop a powerful running attack with a weak run defense. There are things a weak pass defense can do to cover things up, but winning the trenches is a tough nut to crack, especially if you cheat DB's up and let the other team throw to speed on the outside.
10-02-2012 03:54 PM
JimJoyce Offline
1st String

Good point axeme. Also, it's a road game but the Flashes will have to invent and manufacture their own intensity as Rynearson Stadium has absolutely no environment and the game will be played in a scrimmage atmosphere.
10-02-2012 03:57 PM
theoldflash Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: kent state
(10-02-2012 03:57 PM)JimJoyce Wrote:  Good point axeme. Also, it's a road game but the Flashes will have to invent and manufacture their own intensity as Rynearson Stadium has absolutely no environment and the game will be played in a scrimmage atmosphere.

Any TV coverage of this game on Saturday??
10-02-2012 04:04 PM
Advertisement

JimJoyce Offline
1st String

Just the usual MAC video package.
10-02-2012 04:06 PM
GoFlashes7 Offline
1st String

JimJoyce, well put. EMU has been said to have the worst D1 football stadium/environment in the country. I didnt hear that Gillet had been benched, wow, he was really tough to stop in years in past. Maybe he is injured or not motivated, as he was really tough the past 3 seasons. I guess English feels if the team is 0-4, might as well as lose with a Freshman QB and not a Senior QB.
10-02-2012 10:27 PM
shakermaker05 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ϟ KENT STATE ϟ
(10-02-2012 03:45 PM)JimJoyce Wrote:  This game comes down to one simple question.

Can Kent State win a game everyone expects them to.

Yep, this!

I know the stadium and atmosphere sucks big time too, but I'm really bummed I can't go up there for this. I'm actually going to Marshall with my buddy to check out their stadium so will be out of town. Will definitely be keeping an eye on my flashes from there though! C'moooooooooooon 4-1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
10-04-2012 09:05 AM
axeme Offline
Sage

I re-watched/skipped through the BSU game yesterday. It was fun. I skipped over all the BSU TD's so the game looked like I hope tomorrow's does: a lot of us scoring and the opponent not scoring. 45-0 would work for me!
(I would take 3-0 KSU, though, if forced.)
10-05-2012 03:32 PM
naeskent77 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: kent state
Dare I say 2-0?
10-05-2012 05:39 PM
Advertisement

GoFlashes7 Offline
1st String

Less than 2 hours before kickoff in Ypsilanti, MI and temp is 47 degrees with 15-20mph winds (temp expected to be 53 @ Kickoff).

I really hope that there is no hangover from the big Ball St win and that KSU can punch in a TD and shutdown their offense early, as letting an 0-4 team hang around brings nothing but problems and double that with it being EMU's homecoming and them coming off of their bye week.
10-06-2012 10:14 AM
GFlash68 Offline
All American

Crappies
I have a feeling that this will be an extremely difficult game. EMU must be hungry and will be looking for revenge.
10-06-2012 10:20 AM
axeme Offline
Sage

Does Homecoming really matter at EMU in terms of there being a crowd there? Will there be more than a few thousand in attendance? I can't imagine the crowd will be any kind of factor today as they never draw well and are 0-4. I mean, what does the football team care about Homecoming? It's only good for them if it meant they would draw 15,000 or so.
10-06-2012 10:20 AM
GoFlashes7 Offline
1st String

Does being @ home vs away matter? Does having 2 weeks to prepare for an opponent vs 1 week matter? Does pressure from a game everyone expects KSU to win matter? 20mph wind matter?

Homecoming= the best chance to draw a crowd for EMU
10-06-2012 10:59 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.