Kent State Golden Flashes

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

GO FLASHES!
The Flash Offline
All American

I Root For: Kent State

Well, my favorite day of the year is here... College Football Saturday! Best Wishes Flashes! Make us proud, Have fun, Have a good showing, and NO INJURIES!
09-04-2004 08:24 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Reno79 Offline
Special Teams

I got the Tivo set up. Bloody Marys ready to go. Girlfriend with earplugs. (she doesn't understand). I really want to see this team, particularly the some of the new players and Martins coaching. We will need a huge game from Dowery and Aston.

I have set my intention that this is going to be a great season. Go Flashes!
09-04-2004 10:57 AM
FIDO Offline
2nd String

Trick plays, interceptions, bounces going Iowa's way, time of possession, field position, and now a hurt quarterback ... things are not going good. Defense sounds like it started out with energy, but they can't keep it up.

23-0
09-04-2004 12:19 PM
FlashFan Offline
Heisman

C'mon, FIDO, you of all people can't give up. I never thought the Flashes would win...but as stupid as this sounds at 23-7, they don't look that bad. The key diifference is that the Flashes don't fall apart after a bad play or a bad break.

First half kudo's to: 04-bow

Williams
Smith ( He's has several catchable balls dropped.)
Sessler
Mahl
Brazen

First half "What the hell game are you at'?'s" to:

Dowrey ( What the ----?. If it hits you in the chest you ought to catch it, DD.)

Alston...It may just be impossible to run against Iowa's line...but don't just stand there and turn in circles.
09-04-2004 12:53 PM
Reno79 Offline
Special Teams

We gotta keep the D off the field. So far no luck with the running game although I think Smith looks (relatively) good, but you can't run a posession game strictly passing. These guys (Iowa) are running a war of attrition. I hate to see the D always starting around the 50 yrd line. 23 points is hard to take but I think the D looks much better than last year. Sitkos injury didn't look good but I think we will do better with Smith in there. Another Bloody Mary please. 04-drinky
09-04-2004 12:55 PM
The Flash Offline
All American

That INT for a TD sounds awesome. Too bad ESPN didn't show it as a highlight at the half of UCF/UW? Of course they didn't, it would have make KSU look good... 03-banghead

Hang on Flashes!
09-04-2004 12:58 PM
Advertisement

FIDO Offline
2nd String

FlashFan Wrote:C'mon, FIDO, you of all people can't give up.
There's no giving up, just not the best way to start!!

Keep playing tough, hang in there, and things will start to swing our way .... just a little bit please!
09-04-2004 01:03 PM
Reno79 Offline
Special Teams

What is the deal with all the Iowa penalties. For a team that is getting overpowered Kent is holding their own. Go Flashes!
09-04-2004 01:09 PM
The Flash Offline
All American

Okay, now I am pissed. I was just checking the stats on ESPN.com and noticed that you CAN buy Gameplan for the day on Direct TV or you CAN watch the game on-line. I checked on this all week to try to see this game and only now at 1/2 time do I see that I COULD have seen this game. :mad: Customer service at DTV is worthless! :mad: :mad: :mad:

I'm done ranting now... Enjoy the game.
09-04-2004 01:15 PM
Reno79 Offline
Special Teams

These low snaps on the punts need to get fixed. I like Jack Williams though!!! Flash don't feel bad I just bought the season pass too this AM on DTV
09-04-2004 01:20 PM
The Flash Offline
All American

For those of you watching, is it Smith no being able to read the Iowa D or is Kent's O Line get manhandled? Just curious because Altson can't get any yards and SMith seems rushed in passing.
09-04-2004 01:27 PM
Advertisement

The Flash Offline
All American

Sitko is out with torn ACL... 03-banghead Hopefully we won't need him later in the year. As of now, GET SMITH OUT OF THE GAME! Let Polk mop this up...
09-04-2004 01:39 PM
The Flash Offline
All American

Damn, catch the ball guys! 03-banghead I like the call by Coach M to go for it!
09-04-2004 01:47 PM
Reno79 Offline
Special Teams

Man they are really hitting. Those linebackers are tough!
09-04-2004 01:54 PM
axeme Offline
Sage

I Root For: hoops

Folding@NCAAbbsDonatorsCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

I'm very excited by our performance today.
The defense was penetrating the Iowa O-line all day, made lots of great plays, as did our LB's. The pass coverage was pretty good. The D was just in a hole ALL DAY by the offense. To take heart from that, the Iowa D-line is spectacular. They allowed the fewest pts per game in the BigX last eyar and look like they are as strong as ever. Our O-line just could not match up and our backs never got a chance the entire game.
Antwan made some good throws and looked poised despite the rush.
We won't see a defense remotely that good all year and once Josh is back, we know our offense can rack up the yards and points with anyone in the league. What was impressive was the fire and strength in the defense. They played hard and with great enthusiasm all game.
Did you see Coach Martin and Antwan Smith walking off the field with their arms around each other? Very cool. You can tell Martin is a motivator in ways than Dean never was. These guys were fired up today and they left the field pumped, despite the score.
I am really excited now about our prospects this season.
04-rock
09-04-2004 04:03 PM
FlashFan Offline
Heisman

Ditto, axeme. Never thought we would beat Iowa, and on the face of it a 32 point loss is in no way close. But the Flashes played much better than the score, and this is the same margin of Miami's loss in Iowa City last year.

My bright spots:

1. the Flashes secondary. Never thought I'd say the secondary was a bright spot!
We are going to like Jack William's career!

2. the defensive hitting. Sessler and Mahl in particular made a few great open field tackles. Even got some ESPN call outs for hitting late in the game.

3. Smith. He had way too many balls dropped today.

Another point of agreement: Iowa is by far the best team we will play all year. The Flashes never got down and never got rattled...what a difference from last year! I cannot wait to see them get rolling inthe MAC. I'm really behind 7-4 now!

In closing...the Zips are not happy in Happy Valley. It's now 48-3 PSU in the beginning of the third.
09-04-2004 04:39 PM
Advertisement

The Flash Offline
All American

Thanks for the report guys! I am REALLY looking forward to next week for the home opener. Glad to hear that they walked off with their heads up. Not sure that I would want to be Liberty next week.
09-04-2004 05:26 PM
imradioboy Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

As I sit here and watch Rutgers play a good game against Mich St. I realize that they may not be the pushover I thought they were. That is going to be a very close game.
09-04-2004 05:50 PM
The Flash Offline
All American

I watched that game too and they were really shooting for this game. They may overlook the Flashes and take them for a patsie. MSU was having problems with cramps and the heat. They were not at full strength down the stretch. Not sure, but I think that the MSU QB may have been a bit green too. Cribbs is not... I still think that game is winnable.
09-04-2004 07:19 PM
nashvillegoldenflash Offline
1st String

I Root For:

I did not watch the game yesterday, however I did watch Iowa play Florida in the Outback Bowl on January 1 and remember very well how strong Iowa was against Florida. For those who do not remember, the Hawkeyes defeated the Gators 37-17. With many players back this season, I expect Iowa to be just as good as last season. Having said that, Kent losing at Iowa 39-7 is nothing to be ashamed of especially when you consider that Cribbs did not play.

Go Flashes!!!
09-05-2004 09:57 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.