Kent State Golden Flashes

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

On to important things...
FlashFan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Kent State

Anyone hear about Flashes basketball schedule this year? Here's what I can piece together so far. which is scant, I know:

We host a return home and home with SWMS
ESPN Bracket Buster is February 19 ( No schedule announced yet, but if teams like NIU have been invited, got to think we are in)

It would be great if we could get into a tournament. I don't get the "qualified, non qualified" fight going on within the NCAA, but it seems to me like a good early season tourney is a test for the Flashes and raises SOS.

On an aside, Flash fans I speak with are consumed with Edwards leaving. Like, no height, no game. Did I miss something? First, we have Gerwig back for two years. At 6'9, 260, not a small guy. Second, our team is bigger at all positions except center than in 2001-02, when Edwards was on the roster but played very little. Third, I love Big John, but still don't put him down as a Flash great.
Big, yes. Athletic? :rolleyes: Consistent? 05-nono

Likely we start Haynes, Cutley, Gates, Edwin, Gerwig. I'll line up behind that. :)

Your thoughts? Know anything about the schedule?
08-07-2004 07:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

FlashFan Offline
Heisman

Still can't find out anything on the schedule, but came across some interestinghoops recruiting news for the Flashes.

<a href='http://scout.theinsiders.com/a.z?s=344&p=9&cfg=bb&c=4' target='_blank'>http://scout.theinsiders.com/a.z?s=344&p=9&cfg=bb&c=4</a>

Still no big guys, but the first two have Kent high on their list. Harris has us ranked as first. Forget about Yeazel, he just committed to CMU. Damn! Supposed to have a hot hand. Someone at Kent told me we even put Huffman on his case ( the Northern Michigan thing, I guess).

Interesting to have us on the hunt for NYC talent.
08-08-2004 05:19 PM
bopol Offline
All American

I Root For:

Here's one game:

Kent at Cleveland St on Dec. 11 at 5:30 PM
08-10-2004 05:52 PM
bopol Offline
All American

I Root For:

Another:

IUFW at Kent - Nov. 23rd at 7 PM

Not playing St. Bonaventure this year. Man, the Bonnies are playing a homely non-conference schedule.
08-10-2004 09:18 PM
BlueFlash Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

December 7, 7:05

Kent State at Creighton
08-22-2004 02:09 PM
FlashFan Offline
Heisman

Thanks, Blue Flash.

Wooo - hoo. The Creighton game is a nice one. 04-bow If only the Flashes could stop in Chi-town on their way to Omaha.
08-22-2004 02:35 PM
Advertisement

BlueFlash Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

FlashFan Wrote:Thanks, Blue Flash.

Wooo - hoo. The Creighton game is a nice one. 04-bow  If only the Flashes could stop in Chi-town on their way to Omaha.
It ain't Chicago, but Milwaukee. From GoMarquette.com

43rd Pepsi Blue & Gold Classic
Kent St. vs. Binghamton
Marquette vs. Sam Houston State

November 19 & 20

04-rock
08-22-2004 03:27 PM
BlueFlash Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

<a href='http://seminoles.collegesports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/081804aab.html' target='_blank'>Florida State's Website</a>

11/26/04

Kent State vs. Florida State in Corpus Christi, Texas
08-22-2004 03:51 PM
FlashFan Offline
Heisman

Blue Flash, you are a source of good news. Thanks!

Check it out...Flashes invited to a double header at Marquette's house. Guess J.C.'s buddy came through after all. 04-rock

<a href='http://www.gomarquette.com/index.php?s=&url_channel_id=26&url_article_id=5762&url_subchannel_id=&change_well_id=2' target='_blank'>http://www.gomarquette.com/index.php?s=&ur...hange_well_id=2</a>

I'll be there!!
08-22-2004 03:51 PM
BlueFlash Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Wait, isn't there some rule where schools could only play two tournaments every 4 years?

If that was true then, Kent State is using their two tournaments this season.
08-22-2004 03:54 PM
FlashFan Offline
Heisman

I don't understand all of the tournament rules. It seems there is some sort of lawsuit going on over them, according to ESPN, so they may change anyway.

Hat's off to J.C. and Laing on landing these two. A match up with Florida State and a pretty good shot at Marquette in the same season is not bad at all.
08-22-2004 10:01 PM
Advertisement

bopol Offline
All American

I Root For:

So our schedule so far is...

19 Nov Kent vs. Binghamton in Milwaukee 04-rock
20 Nov Kent vs. Sam Houston/Marquette in Milwaukee 04-rock
23 Nov IUPW at Kent
26 Nov Kent vs. Florida St in Corpus Christi, TX
27 Nov Kent vs. ??? in Corpus Christi, TX
7 Dec Kent at Creighton
11 Dec Kent at Cleveland St.

Note: I am guessing that Kent will play 2 games in Corpus Christi because it makes sense. Florida St. says they are playing Kent on the 26th and TCU on the 27th. It looks like Texas A&M - Corpus Christi might be in the same tournament, so maybe Kent will end up playing them (http://www.goislanders.com/schedule.cfm?sp=BSKM).

I wonder if Kent had a home/away with Detroit?
08-23-2004 01:34 PM
The Flash Offline
All American

Brutal to be on the road that much early in the season. It stinks that we can't get anyone to come to Kent to play. Chickens!
08-23-2004 01:38 PM
ksu315 Offline
1st String

I Root For:

I didn't pay 240 bucks for my season tickets to see 9 MAC games and IPFW. They better have some more games at home or i want a refund and i don't think adding some weak ****** D3 school should count.
08-23-2004 01:49 PM
Kflasher Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: March 2get here

Last year we had 1 exhibition game and 9 non-conference games (inc. Bracket Buster, which I assume we are in this year.) Hopefully they're hammering out one or two more home games to complete the non- conference schedule.

The above schedule so far is a winner in the SOS department but I think we need some home games. :rolleyes:

We will most likely have a conference game in the middle of the the non-conference slate (Eastern Mich. in 2003).

Somewhat disappointing. :(
08-23-2004 01:56 PM
bopol Offline
All American

I Root For:

NIU plays Akron on Dec. 4th, so that might be the un-official kick-off day for the MAC. Kent's open so far on that date.

Also, forget what I said about TX A&M Corpus Christi. That's a different tournament (featuring NIU, St. Bonaventure and Alcorn St.).

My guess is that Kent will have home games against a D-3 opponent and Detroit. They'll have at least one other game (either Rock'n'Roll Shootout or a home game).
08-23-2004 02:06 PM
Advertisement

Kflasher Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: March 2get here

04-drinky 04-drinky 04-drinky ... I found the home games to complete our non-conference schedule. Connecticut @ Kent, Saturday December 25th in the inaugural "Kent St. Christmas Classic". Also, another dream match-up, Saturday, January 1, 2005. Duke invades the MAC Center for the inaugural "First Game of the Year Tournament" to be played at 12 midnight. 04-cheers ... 04-drinky 04-drinky 04-drinky ... Oh, Uh, wait, I had too much to drink last night and had a wonderful dream. Dammit 03-banghead

To all of the teams that won't play us in Kent :arse: :arse: :arse: :arse: :arse:
08-23-2004 02:30 PM
FlashFan Offline
Heisman

One bright side is that more fans in Kent will have to listen to the road games on the ***darn internet link. Maybe your uproar will get it fixed. No one seems to care that we can't listen to a game all the way through.

Seriously, February looks loaded at home - true, all MAC execpt possibly a bracket buster. Maybe they need to stay home in February given recent years. bopol, add the back end of a home and home with SWMS at Kent to your schedule.

It would be better to have Marquette and Florida State at home; maybe its a set up for 2005-06 for one of them ( probably Marquette). Still, I love to see them on the schedule for SOS this year.
08-23-2004 07:31 PM
ksu315 Offline
1st String

I Root For:

"add the back end of a home and home with SWMS at Kent to your schedule."

If i remember right we played SMS at home in 02-03 season so i don't think they owe us a return game.
08-23-2004 08:45 PM
FlashFan Offline
Heisman

I don't recall that game. If so, you're right. They're done.
08-23-2004 08:49 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.