Way to stay calm under pressure.
02-08-2010 12:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TheWJ Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: KENT STATE
RE: Chris Singletary MAC East Co-POW
Chris Singletary IS a MAC-First teamer. On top of that he has to be in the consideration for MAC Defensive player of the year also.

Chris brings something special to the floor that in my 12 years of watching KentState basketball have never seen. We may not realize it now, but when he is gone next year I don't think it is possible for ANYONE to fill the role that he has taken on this season.
02-08-2010 05:09 PM
Kballard122 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Kent State
I would agree that Chris's role is going to be a bear fill next year. I also think that the Flashes' ability to fill that void in leadership and attitude will be a direct reflection on Chris's ability to show this team what a leader looks like and what is expected from KSU seniors. I hope he does a good job there and the tradition will continue. Singletary learned it somewhere, and so will his predecessors!
(This post was last modified: 02-08-2010 05:12 PM by Kballard122.)
02-08-2010 05:12 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GFlash68 Offline
All American

Crappies
I hope that Chris realizes that he is not the person that he was when he arrived at Kent State. He may have had the physical talent to be what he his, but he badly needed a system with boundaries that his coaches provided him. He is a great example of my belief that boundaries can be very liberating. It is the opposite of conventional wisdom. To Chris' credit, he adapted, and now he is passing it on. I love Chris Singletary.
02-08-2010 06:36 PM
fallsdog Offline
All American

Big Time GAMER
02-08-2010 08:01 PM
Advertisement

dannyb73 Offline
MAC CHAMPS

I Root For: Mem & Kent St
Chris is a good kid and has made strides on and off the court the last 4 years, no doubt. But back to the thread, congrats on the award. The only thing that to me is a joke, is the MAC offices. I am happy for Sing, but how weak is it that they have Co-POW in both divisions and this isn't the first time. Pick a winner and move on. Seems like that is the type of leadership the MAC has been providing which is why we as a conference can't move forward and generate a stronger conference.
02-08-2010 08:44 PM
Kballard122 Offline
Special Teams

According to kentstatesports.com, this marks our 6th and most ever POW's in a single season. That beats out the 2007-08 season where we had 5.
02-09-2010 01:09 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GFlash68 Offline
All American

Crappies
And how about his 3.4 GPA for fall semester?
02-09-2010 12:50 PM
FlashFan Offline
Heisman

Chris is the heart and soul of this team. He leads on the court, in the locker room and off the court. Who thought this would ever be the case? Better yet, he leads out of his team mates respect for the adversity he overcame and his maturing before their eyes. If Chris can buy into Kent State Basketball, so can they.

This leadership was always in there; thanks to the KSU coaches and administration for their belief, patience, and at times tough love, to bring it out.
02-09-2010 06:29 PM
Advertisement

anti-zip Online
All American

I Root For: kent state!
FlashFan, nice post. I would add thanks to the former players. The reason Kent has stayed good for so long is because of the older players ability to pass the tradition of leadership and winning on to the younger guys.
02-09-2010 07:00 PM
flashbb41 Offline
Water Engineer

i agree it's great to see this team come together much like the ones of years past...no doubt the program is heading in the right direction
02-09-2010 08:50 PM
The Flash Offline
All American

I had a wise professor at Kent who said college isn't just about learning. It is about giving you time to mature in a safe environment. We all have benefited from that time and it appears that Chris has as well. We all made mistakes in college. Chris' were under a microscope that most of us did not have. I am happy to see that he has used his time at Kent well. I hope that he gets a degree and some time playing ball in Europe. Both will help him in life and give him an opportunity that he and his family wouldn't have had otherwise. I think that Kent State did that for a lot of us, me included.

Make us proud Chris.
02-10-2010 11:36 AM
Kballard122 Offline
Special Teams

3.4 GPA, I certainly would expect him to earn that degree. Chris Singletary is an excellent leader, has a good vision of the court, and has coaching potential if he can't make it as a player.
02-11-2010 10:06 AM
Advertisement

GFlash68 Offline
All American

Crappies
If I were a NFL scout, I would be looking at Chris.
02-11-2010 12:23 PM
BrashFlash Offline
Special Teams

(02-11-2010 12:23 PM)GFlash68 Wrote:  If I were a NFL scout, I would be looking at Chris.

I was thinking the same thing. I wonder if played any football in high school.
02-11-2010 12:24 PM
anti-zip Online
All American

I Root For: kent state!
Fyi, I saw a quote in the stater I think some time before Christmas break where Evans said if basketball doesn't work out he plans to make a run at the NFL as a Wr. Rivals had him as a 2 star Wr back in 2004 while Scout had him as a 1 star Cb.
02-11-2010 04:45 PM
TheWJ Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: KENT STATE
Speaking of football Brandon Parks was a football STANDOUT at BunkerHill Ind. If there was one guy that could switch over and play for Doug Martin it would be Brandon.
02-11-2010 05:37 PM
fallsdog Offline
All American

Parks could be a tackle, tight end, or book end in my 50 anytime.
02-11-2010 06:20 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.