When did this launch? http://vault.ncaa.com/
02-23-2010 03:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Flash FreaK 81 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: KSU
RE: Full Video: Kent/Pitt, 2002
(02-23-2010 03:27 PM)OZoner Wrote:  When did this launch? http://vault.ncaa.com/

This is great! Thanks for sending.
02-23-2010 04:39 PM
JSF Offline
Rich, Good Looking, Has a Rapist Wit

I Root For: World Peace
8 years later, that jump ball on Gates' would-be winning bucket is still flabbergasting.
02-23-2010 04:40 PM
BrashFlash Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Kent State
(02-23-2010 04:40 PM)OZoner Wrote:  8 years later, that jump ball on Gates' would-be winning bucket is still flabbergasting.

Justice prevailed, but it sure looked like the fix was on.
02-23-2010 10:21 PM
goflashes04 Offline
Water Engineer

This is fantastic, thanks for posting this

It's going to be great seeing antonio back in the MACC on saturday
02-24-2010 10:53 AM
luckyflash Offline
1st String

I Root For: GOLDEN FLASHES
watched the Pitt game last night, and the jump ball at the end is still one of the worst calls ever. Have not been able to bring myself to watch the Indiana game yet. not sure if I want to relive the torrid rain of 3's again

great find thanks OZoner

GO FLASHES!!!!!!!!
02-24-2010 11:52 AM
Advertisement

barndog Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
Great find, OZoner! Thanks.
02-24-2010 12:42 PM
AlphaFlash Offline
All American

I Root For: Kent St. & UNC
OLE OLE-OLE-OLE OLE OLE, OLE OLE-OLE-OLE OLE OLE, OLE OLE-OLE-OLE OLE OLE, OLE OLE-OLE-OLE OLE OLE, OLE OLE-OLE-OLE OLE OLE, OLE OLE-OLE-OLE OLE OLE.
I remember was a bunch of us running through the streets in downtown Lexington yelling that over and over after that game. Somehow we landed at a bar... Go figure.
02-24-2010 01:13 PM
JSF Offline
Rich, Good Looking, Has a Rapist Wit

I Root For: World Peace
I was watching the game at the KSU student union and a riot nearly broke out when that call was made.
02-24-2010 04:06 PM
fallsdog Offline
All American

I enjoyed listening to the second half in particular when the guys doing the broadcast kept mentioning how Huffman (or sometimes they would say Hoffman) has gone away in the second half...Huffman has been a non - factor.....then with one minute left in OT he hits that shot high off the glass and in off the dribble. Great game. The IU game, on the other hand....man did they come to play that day.
02-24-2010 04:55 PM
KSUDelt828 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: KSU and tOSU
OZoner...Thank you for posting this!!!

Last night I watched most of the Pitt game and it gave me goosebumps. I still remember watching the game at our fraternity house and going absolutely nuts when we won! It was a sprint to the bars after the win, which were packed. The feeling downtown was pandemonium! We had to call friends who worked at Bdubs, who took us in through the kitchen...LOL. At that point we decided we were going down to Lexington the next night to catch the Saturday elite eight game.

On Friday night we picked up my buddy from work around midnight and drove to Lexington. Got to the Hyatt around 6am, after being pulled over just south of Columbus for "operating an unsafe motor vehicle" (my license plate light was burnt out)--no ticket, just a warning. Slept till about 11 and then headed to the Two Keys Tavern, where we made friends with the Kentucky fans by telling them "You can't spell Kentucky without Kent!" Then we walked to the arena, and on our way in met Bobby Hurley who was doing promotions for Cingular Wireless, he signed my shirt! As we entered the arena there were 4 of us chanting "Just Like Last Year - Clap Clap, Clap Clap Clap."

I haven't been able to bring myself to actually watch the Indiana game, but I sure remember it and the events leading up to it like it was yesterday!
02-24-2010 11:20 PM
Advertisement

Kent 76 Offline
All American

I Root For:
I must be the only person in the world, not counting Pitt fans, who thinks that a jump ball was the right call. I didn't think so at the time, but did after I saw the replay after Kent State won. Of course, I admit that 99.9% of the time it would not have been called, and I'm sure that it would not have been called if the shooter were from a "name" team with a "name" coach. So many of you hit the bars, huh? So did I. And the next morning, and all the next day.... BTW Kent 76 will soon be celebrating three years of sobriety!
02-25-2010 07:46 AM
flashgrad03 Offline
1st String

(02-24-2010 11:20 PM)KSUDelt828 Wrote:  OZoner...Thank you for posting this!!!

Last night I watched most of the Pitt game and it gave me goosebumps. I still remember watching the game at our fraternity house and going absolutely nuts when we won! It was a sprint to the bars after the win, which were packed. The feeling downtown was pandemonium! We had to call friends who worked at Bdubs, who took us in through the kitchen...LOL. At that point we decided we were going down to Lexington the next night to catch the Saturday elite eight game.

On Friday night we picked up my buddy from work around midnight and drove to Lexington. Got to the Hyatt around 6am, after being pulled over just south of Columbus for "operating an unsafe motor vehicle" (my license plate light was burnt out)--no ticket, just a warning. Slept till about 11 and then headed to the Two Keys Tavern, where we made friends with the Kentucky fans by telling them "You can't spell Kentucky without Kent!" Then we walked to the arena, and on our way in met Bobby Hurley who was doing promotions for Cingular Wireless, he signed my shirt! As we entered the arena there were 4 of us chanting "Just Like Last Year - Clap Clap, Clap Clap Clap."

I haven't been able to bring myself to actually watch the Indiana game, but I sure remember it and the events leading up to it like it was yesterday!

I'm pretty sure you guys were right in front of me at that indiana game. i remember that chant starting up. What a great run.

Watching that team play again reminds me how unique they were. Everyone on that team(at least 1-7) could defend. Even a young John edwards was pretty darn good defensively. there was no reason for help defense because they could all defend their man, Also you had 3 guys that could create for themselves. It was really a unique team and they got to play teams that they matched up well against, a unique situation. I dont know if we'll ever see that again.
I still wonder "what if?" Indiana had not shot a ridiculous percentage and Kent had made it to the final four... Who won that year? an average Maryland team??? Kent had a shot at a national championship. Stupid Indiana
02-25-2010 08:02 AM
fallsdog Offline
All American

i would love to watch kent and IU play in the reg season
02-25-2010 01:11 PM
AlphaFlash Offline
All American

I Root For: Kent St. & UNC
I also remember being in the stands before the Kent/Pitt game, when we got to see Indiana upset Duke. Of course we were cheering for Indiana. Probably the dumbest 3 hours of my life.
02-26-2010 03:21 PM
burden Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Your right about the Duke-Indiana game. I am convinced that game really hurt us for four reasons.
1. Duke was weak at point guard that year. In fact his missed free throws down the stretch were why they lost to Indiana. With our strong guards we had a good match-up and at least I am convinced we would have beat the number 1 team in the nation that year.

2. We had beaten Indiana in the NCAA the previous year so the suprise factor was taken away from us. They knew what they were getting into from first hand experience. Duke would have started slow against us.

3. Indiana immediately became the cinderella with that win. The coach that replaced the hated Bob Knight became the media darling. Because of that we did not benefit from having the neutral part of the crowd rooting for us.

4. Because Indiana won the neutral part of the crowd almost did not exist anyway. Duke would have had fans but not nearly as many.

As I have said many times about that game. Oh well??
02-26-2010 10:49 PM
Advertisement

anti-zip Offline
All American

I Root For: kent state!
You considered Jay Williams a weak point guard? Or did you mean their other guards? I will admit I really wanted to see Antonio Gates battling Carlos Boozer.
02-26-2010 11:14 PM
KSUDelt828 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: KSU and tOSU
Burden,
I agree with your points, but we were outnumbered at least 20 to 1 in the fan category since Indiana won. I remember walking in and thinking, "Oh sh*t, we're really really outnumbered here! I hope I walk out alive!"
02-26-2010 11:37 PM
Flash FreaK 81 Offline
2nd String

(02-26-2010 11:37 PM)KSUDelt828 Wrote:  Burden,
I agree with your points, but we were outnumbered at least 20 to 1 in the fan category since Indiana won. I remember walking in and thinking, "Oh sh*t, we're really really outnumbered here! I hope I walk out alive!"

I said the same thing coming into Rupp. It was basically a home game for IU (being only 3 hours drive to Lexington). The IU fans were very fired up as were the IU players who were looking for redemption from the previous season. Playing Duke would have been a much more favorable match up for KSU.
02-27-2010 09:14 AM
fallsdog Offline
All American

(02-26-2010 03:21 PM)AlphaFlash Wrote:  I also remember being in the stands before the Kent/Pitt game, when we got to see Indiana upset Duke. Of course we were cheering for Indiana. Probably the dumbest 3 hours of my life.

That made me laugh! I hear you man...
02-27-2010 10:05 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.