Kent State Golden Flashes

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Wagon Wheel
cosmicflash Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Kent State
Wagon Wheel
All in all a pretty good game so far. The defense is definitely the strong point but still ball movement from the offense. Hopefully they finish in the second half and win this.

Penalties: just wondering what everyone else thinks about the several "roughing the passer" penalties called. I understand not jacking up the qb, but there were ridiculous calls on both sides of the ball. Once Akron was called for "roughing the passer".. and Keith stayed on his feet and was barely touched. And then on the Kent side, guys were engaged with the qb as he was throwing and were still flagged. Just seems like they're "babying" the qb a little too much...

GO KENT!!!
10-09-2010 04:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

fallsdog Offline
All American

RE: Wagon Wheel
If you haven't read Elton Alexander's article in the PD yet. Check out his first line. I believe it is...."Kent State's offense seemingly gets worse with every snap."

Kent State lost to BC and Penn State after playing them tough. Lost a tough MAC opener on the road. On the other hand, Akron is 0 and 6 and this is the stuff that this guy writes?
10-10-2010 05:30 PM
flashesfan21 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Kent State Univ
The issue with penalties is an item that with proper coaching, can be cleared up. With the defense playing at such a high level, this team can win alot of games the rest of the way, IF THE OFFENSE GETS IT'S ACT IN GEAR! I believe that it will. The fact of the matter is we have alot of talent on offense, Spencer Keith just needs a bit more confidence. Our running game is better than it has shown, to this point. I do believe, though, that this team can actually run the table if the offense gets hot!! GO FLASHES!
10-11-2010 03:42 PM
GFlash68 Offline
All American

Crappies
(10-11-2010 03:42 PM)flashesfan21 Wrote:  The issue with penalties is an item that with proper coaching, can be cleared up. With the defense playing at such a high level, this team can win alot of games the rest of the way, IF THE OFFENSE GETS IT'S ACT IN GEAR! I believe that it will. The fact of the matter is we have alot of talent on offense, Spencer Keith just needs a bit more confidence. Our running game is better than it has shown, to this point. I do believe, though, that this team can actually run the table if the offense gets hot!! GO FLASHES!

Penalties have been the personality of the team since the Martin regime started. And, I mean critical penalties at critical times. I would not bet on the above happening, but I will continue to root as hard as anyone.l
10-11-2010 04:24 PM
Polish Hammer Offline
King of all Dukes

I Root For: Kent State/James Madison
(10-11-2010 03:42 PM)flashesfan21 Wrote:  The issue with penalties is an item that with proper coaching, can be cleared up.
Always the coaches fault and lack of discipline...which is why every season the Air Force, Army and Navy squads tie for the NCAA lead every year with 0 penalties on the season.
03-shhhh
10-11-2010 05:28 PM
Advertisement

FlashFan Offline
Heisman

Has anyone else watched the new video on the KSU Athletics website?
Even though the game against Akron was a gimme, still nice to TAKE THE LEAD in the Wagon Wheel race: KSU 20- Akron - 19.

Victory Video
10-12-2010 09:04 AM
AlphaFlash Offline
All American

I Root For: Kent St. & UNC
I just want to point out on this thread that I am the proud owner of a 2010 MAC Basketball Champion tee-shirt.
10-13-2010 12:29 PM
ilovegymnast Offline
All American

My 2011 tee shirt is waiting to be ordered : )
10-13-2010 02:55 PM
AlphaFlash Offline
All American

(10-13-2010 02:55 PM)ilovegymnast Wrote:  My 2011 tee shirt is waiting to be ordered : )

That'll be a combined one bro: regular season & tournament champions!
10-14-2010 07:11 AM
Advertisement

thanksjim Offline
All American

I Root For: KSU
In other "KSU beat down of Akron" news, the Club Ice Hockey team defeated the Akron Zips 6-2 in front of a record crowd.
10-15-2010 09:20 PM
AlphaFlash Offline
All American

I know it has been 2 weeks, in football terms. But for those of us cheering from 500 miles away, this article is awesome. If I only lived in Ohio I would go to at least 1 Zips game decked out in Kent State gear.

Razor
10-18-2010 06:54 AM
axeme Offline
Sage

I Root For: hoops

Folding@NCAAbbsDonatorsCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
Delusional. There is simply no evidence ever that facilities are a big factor in recruiting and the success of a program, especially in the MAC. If the powers that be at Akron thought their stadium will make that kind of difference, they didn't do their homework.
10-18-2010 07:10 AM
FlashFan Offline
Heisman

I wonder if the Zips have hired their own version of Peter Cordelli? One has to admit eerie similarities. If that's so, going to be a long and unhappy five years in Akron.

This particular blogger is delusional. Beside the case right in front of him, the new stadium his new AD built in Minnesota has had the same outcome. Both teams have been worse than dismal since they opened new digs. But, when you have to see the silver lining in 0-7 while expecting a highly unproven head coach who was fired from his last program to lead the turn around, a little delusion is necessary.
10-18-2010 07:48 AM
Advertisement

Kent 76 Offline
All American

I Root For:
Interesting, FlashFan. Someone said that same thing to me a week or so ago -wondering if Akron's coach is like Cordelli.
10-18-2010 09:36 AM
The Flash Offline
All American

uck, who had to bring up that name... Pete Cordelli. The man that set this program back at least a decade. This one still pisses me off. Gary Pinkel, Nick Saban or Lou Holtz problem child... you chose AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!
10-19-2010 07:19 AM
FlashFan Offline
Heisman

Hey, at least Coach Cordelli was an X and O's coach for the Irish; he was the offensive coordinator. Importantly, he coached for the Irish when they were winning; worked under Holtz when ND was a consensus national champion and competed for it every year.

I've seen almost all of the Irish games over the last five years; didn't see a lot to inspire me to grab someone that staff for a turnaround. At least I would have gone for more than a position coach and a recruiting coordinator. Akron is a tough place for a first coaching job.
10-19-2010 08:19 AM
AlphaFlash Offline
All American

I just want to use this opportunity to point out that I am wearing my 2010 MAC Champion tee-shirt. In my suit case is a 2008 MAC Tournament Champion tee-shirt.
I also want to point out that I am by a pool in Florida. Happy Thanksgiving KentNation.
03-cloud9
03-cloud9
03-cloud9
03-cloud9
03-cloud9
03-cloud9
11-23-2010 02:44 PM
flashesfan21 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Kent State Univ
(11-23-2010 02:44 PM)AlphaFlash Wrote:  I just want to use this opportunity to point out that I am wearing my 2010 MAC Champion tee-shirt. In my suit case is a 2008 MAC Tournament Champion tee-shirt.
I also want to point out that I am by a pool in Florida. Happy Thanksgiving KentNation.
03-cloud9
03-cloud9
03-cloud9
03-cloud9
03-cloud9
03-cloud9

Hey AlphaFlash, hope you have a great time in Florida checking out all those bikini's.04-cheers
11-23-2010 06:44 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.