Kent State Golden Flashes

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Chuck Martin
WMU69 Offline
Banned

I Root For: WMU
Chuck Martin
Kent State: Our sources tell us that Notre Dame defensive backs coach / recruiting coordinator Chuck Martin is interested in the Kent State head coaching job

http://footballscoop.com/the-scoop
11-23-2010 03:52 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

GFlash68 Offline
All American

I Root For: Kent State

Crappies
RE: Chuck Martin
That name seems very familiar.
11-23-2010 04:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mussel-man77 Offline
Water Engineer

Yeah....let's stay away from anybody named "Martin",
just to be safe !!
11-23-2010 04:28 PM
bopol Offline
All American

I Root For:
Dude, if we avoid every name involved with the program that was less than successful, we'll end up with Farooq Beezlewad as a head coach.
11-23-2010 04:40 PM
Advertisement

flashesfan21 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Kent State Univ
Lest we forget, Akron hired a Notre Dame guy! Look at the great season they have had...... Hopefully Neilsen will take his time, and find the right guy. Personally, I would like to see a head coach who is a little more committed to running the football, with backs who can take a pounding! I like our current set of backs, but more size would not hurt! This being said, best wishes to Coach Martin, and his family, in all they do with their lives!! Thank You for your years of service to KSU!
11-23-2010 04:53 PM
JimJoyce Offline
1st String

I Root For: KT ST
(11-23-2010 04:40 PM)bopol Wrote:  Dude, if we avoid every name involved with the program that was less than successful, we'll end up with Farooq Beezlewad as a head coach.

If ya'll want someone with a badass name, I hear this guy is interested...

http://www.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=coachbio&coach_id=39

03-lmfao
11-23-2010 08:11 PM
JimJoyce Offline
1st String

Actually to be serious, this guy has been linked with our opening:

http://wakeforestsports.cstv.com/sports/...eed00.html

Interesting to note he's been at WF 10 years which would have been plenty of time to work with both Nielsen and Kleinlein. Also his wife is from Warren so they might be familiar with the area.
11-23-2010 08:18 PM
Advertisement

axeme Offline
Sage

I Root For: hoops

Folding@NCAAbbsDonatorsCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
Looks very good. Of all the guys suggested so far, he seems the most impressive. I'm on board. Let the Steed Lobotzke era begin! Sounds like a MAC COY to me!
11-23-2010 08:32 PM
ilovegymnast Offline
All American

I dont know how many people follow Ohio high school football but I think it would be great to add Thom Mcdaniels to the coaching staff. Im not saying make him the head coach but that man absolutely loves football. Leading multiple teams to national rankings and D1 state championship games. I went to Harding while he was coaching there and he is a no nonsense kinda guy. I dont know how many times Ive seen him get into his players not only on the field but in the classroom as well for acting up. My senior year there was one of his last ones as a coach for Harding and was also the year of Mario Manningham (who I didnt care much for) but almost all the seniors that year went on to play college ball. I think he would be great for recruiting Ohio and western PA.

Both his sons coach for the Denver Broncos so that at least gives our grads a little better of chance to move up assuming Josh Mcdaniels doesnt get fired soon.
11-23-2010 08:43 PM
Doc KSU Offline
2nd String

(11-23-2010 08:32 PM)axeme Wrote:  Looks very good. Of all the guys suggested so far, he seems the most impressive. I'm on board. Let the Steed Lobotzke era begin! Sounds like a MAC COY to me!

He does sound impressive.
11-23-2010 09:31 PM
Advertisement

JimJoyce Offline
1st String

More good stuff... I think we should at the very LEAST bring this guy to our campus for a visit...

http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/ViewArt...M_ID=17300
11-23-2010 10:52 PM
etc Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Miami
(11-23-2010 04:53 PM)flashesfan21 Wrote:  Lest we forget, Akron hired a Notre Dame guy! Look at the great season they have had...... Hopefully Neilsen will take his time, and find the right guy. Personally, I would like to see a head coach who is a little more committed to running the football, with backs who can take a pounding! I like our current set of backs, but more size would not hurt! This being said, best wishes to Coach Martin, and his family, in all they do with their lives!! Thank You for your years of service to KSU!

That Notre Dame guy has worked out horribly for Miami too...
11-24-2010 01:16 AM
goldenflash99 Offline
Special Teams

(11-23-2010 08:11 PM)JimJoyce Wrote:  
(11-23-2010 04:40 PM)bopol Wrote:  Dude, if we avoid every name involved with the program that was less than successful, we'll end up with Farooq Beezlewad as a head coach.

If ya'll want someone with a badass name, I hear this guy is interested...

http://www.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=coachbio&coach_id=39

03-lmfao

HIRED!
11-24-2010 07:10 AM
Advertisement

The Flash Offline
All American

(11-23-2010 08:18 PM)JimJoyce Wrote:  Actually to be serious, this guy has been linked with our opening:

Interesting to note he's been at WF 10 years which would have been plenty of time to work with both Nielsen and Kleinlein. Also his wife is from Warren so they might be familiar with the area.

Gentlemen,

I think that we have our winner. I would be surprised if this isn't the #1 candidate. Military academy graduate=discipline (not that we need any of that...). Ohio connection through family and OU staff. Relatively good ACC program. Long term coordinator.
11-24-2010 07:56 AM
goldenflash99 Offline
Special Teams

(11-24-2010 07:56 AM)The Flash Wrote:  
(11-23-2010 08:18 PM)JimJoyce Wrote:  Actually to be serious, this guy has been linked with our opening:

Gentlemen,

I think that we have our winner. I would be surprised if this isn't the #1 candidate. Military academy graduate=discipline (not that we need any of that...). Ohio connection through family and OU staff. Relatively good ACC program. Long term coordinator.

I thought that the first time I saw him. Don't know anything about him but I feel pretty strongly that JN wants to bring in people he knows he can work with (he brought in his own Associate AD shortly after being hired). Of course I'm assuming the WF coach and Nielsen had/have a good working relationship. Anyone know?
(This post was last modified: 11-24-2010 02:12 PM by goldenflash99.)
11-24-2010 02:11 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.