Kent State Golden Flashes

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UAB game
axeme Offline
Sage

I Root For: hoops

Folding@NCAAbbsDonatorsCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
UAB game
Anyone find any video links for this one?

UAB is one of the better teams we've played so far. Hard to get a read on them with no common opponents. They are probably not as strong as CSU, but matchup well with us. Sagarin has them as a about a 1 point favorite on a neutral court, so I imagine the betting line is about +4 or +5. Should be a very tough game.

I hope out guys are focused on this one and not looking ahead to the TV game with UF. This is a big 3 game stretch starting, and it would be nice to start it off with a win.

BTW, I can look ahead: UCF just beat UF this week.
12-04-2010 02:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

dannyb73 Offline
MAC CHAMPS

I Root For: Mem & Kent St
RE: UAB game
UAB lost last night at Georgia by 2. This is going to be a tough game.
12-04-2010 03:10 PM
fallsdog Offline
All American

I Root For: Kent State
The next six are big. Kent State needs to take them one at a time. I think that if they can do that and stay level headed, there will be a big win or two in this stretch that will give the young team some confidence and some reason to celebrate.
But, if they let (for instance) a couple of back to back blowout losses against UAB and Florida put them in the dumps, Ford and Company will have some real work to do come January 8 at Akron.

Here is what I would like to see from a W-L perspective:
Whatever happens against UAB and Florida, I am lookng for a "tougher" Kent State team to come back to the MAC Center on December 12 and beat South Florida. That win, in my opinion, would give this team some of the "swag" that I think they need. After that, I have to figure Kent is capable of protecting home court and beating YSU and James Madison, although neither game is an easy task.
Of course the road game with Morehead State is tucked in there between those two. This is the wild card, but a big road opportunity that gives the team a chance to boost the RPI. Nothing Morehead State has done this seson tells me they are world beaters. I would like to see Kent get this one before beating James Madison and ending this stretch 4-2 and enter MAC play at 10-3 (forget Bryant)

What I would like to see from an on the court perspective is a bit more simple:
Either Johnson or Leonard, both would be great, have to become the "third" big man Kent needs in a bad way. When Greene or Manns gets in foul trouble the Flashes need another body to bang inside a bit. When conference play roles around, one of these guys needs to be consistently productive.

I want Holt to get hot and get some confidence. I still see Holt as capable of grabbing the lead guard role on this team. Porrini is tough, but he has not shown me that he is a true PG. I think he can better serve this team by focusing on doing the little things (like grabbing 8 rebounds the other night) while someone else runs the point. That someone I think needs to be Holt. If Geno can get him going by Akron, this team is much, much, better off.
(This post was last modified: 12-04-2010 04:25 PM by fallsdog.)
12-04-2010 04:22 PM
GFlash68 Online
All American

Crappies
I do not believe that this team will be in an embarrassing situation in any of those games. Our depth is too good for that to happen. I doubt that it will happen, but I would not be totally surprised to see us win 3 of 4. UF may not be the loss.
12-04-2010 05:14 PM
barndog Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
(12-04-2010 02:08 PM)axeme Wrote:  Anyone find any video links for this one?

There is through the UAB athletic site, though it's subscription-based like the K-Zone. In the Next Event box on the right, click on the Watch button under GameTracker.

http://uabsports.cstv.com/sports/m-baskb...sched.html
12-04-2010 06:01 PM
rockets24 Offline
2nd String

Don't forget about http://www.channelsurfing.net have to check it tomorrow to see of they might have it.
(This post was last modified: 12-04-2010 08:42 PM by rockets24.)
12-04-2010 08:41 PM
Advertisement

Sampson Offline
Water Engineer

(12-04-2010 03:10 PM)dannyb73 Wrote:  UAB lost last night at Georgia by 2. This is going to be a tough game.

I was at this game. Georgia dominated in the first half, but came out completely flat in the second. It really shouldn't have been that close.

That being said, UAB looked pretty good, and it should be a good game tomorrow.
12-04-2010 08:49 PM
JimJoyce Offline
1st String

I Root For: KT ST
Mike Davis hasn't lost a home non-conference game since he's been at UAB. That's pretty impressive.
12-05-2010 12:22 AM
dannyb73 Offline
MAC CHAMPS

I Root For: Mem & Kent St
Headed down to Birmingham tomorrow afternoon. I won't be back home until after 1am EST, but I will post my thoughts and opinions of the game at some point. Go KSU!
12-05-2010 01:17 AM
axeme Offline
Sage

I Root For: hoops

Folding@NCAAbbsDonatorsCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
You all know how we take a second seat to OSU in the local media.

I think UAB may have it worse. At least in the Cleveland and Akron papers, space is devoted to KSU sports even though we are not often the lead story. We occasionally get some prominence in those papers even though we are not technically in those cities. Even the Akron paper gives KSU about equal billing with Akron.

The Birmingham News has the following listing tabs on their sports page:
Sports: Alabama Football- -All Alabama- -Auburn Football- -All Auburn- -High School- -Motorsports- -Outdoors- -NFL- -MLB- -MORE.

If you click on the "more" tab, and scroll around a bit, you can find UAB athletics, but it is buried and seems perfunctory at best.

We feel you, brothers!
12-05-2010 05:55 AM
rockets24 Offline
2nd String

UAB game on channelsurfing.net. Go Flashes!!!
12-05-2010 12:55 PM
Advertisement

Flash FreaK 81 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: KSU
(12-05-2010 12:55 PM)rockets24 Wrote:  UAB game on channelsurfing.net. Go Flashes!!!

Thanks! I looked early this AM and it wasn't listed. W/O your post, I wouldn't have known. Appreciate it.
12-05-2010 01:21 PM
2thaker8 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Kent St. & Duke
Thanks for the heads up, Rockets!
12-05-2010 02:01 PM
thanksjim Offline
All American

I Root For: KSU
Always check channelsurfing.net later in the day. Sometimes the game does not even pop up until after tip off.
12-05-2010 02:42 PM
rockets24 Offline
2nd String

Just happened to check at the right time I guess. First chance I've gotten to see or hear a game in a while now. Should be a good one.
12-05-2010 04:11 PM
Kent 76 Offline
All American

I Root For:
It doesn't surprise me, Axeme. While I still think Ohio, especially northeast Ohio, is worse than most, I imagine the coverage situation is the same all over.
12-05-2010 05:07 PM
Advertisement

AlphaFlash Offline
All American

I Root For: Kent St. & UNC
Dang, these guys are picking apart our inexperience.
12-05-2010 08:11 PM
fallsdog Offline
All American

Down 8-6 at the under 16. UAB seems to want to pound the ball, even force it down to Cameron Moore. Got to stay down on defense. Porrini just picked up his second foul...
12-05-2010 08:16 PM
fallsdog Offline
All American

getting pounded on the boards. can't let uab get second chance points
12-05-2010 08:24 PM
naeskent77 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: kent state
No rebounding, can't make a shot, now a traveling call, we better turn this around fast.
12-05-2010 08:37 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.